Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mask Overlay Preview - wheres the red gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mask Overlay Preview - wheres the red gone?

Quick question,

so when working with masks in photoshop on my laptop, using the "/" i get the nice red 50% overlay to see where my mask is..

on my iMac, for some reason it goes black, i've probably changed a setting accidentally, but where is it?

Adam

Re: Mask Overlay Preview - wheres the red gone?

Double click on the Quick Mask icon and reset.

Comment

thats what i thought, but it's not Quick Mask i mean, normal mask, and cant see a reset option

Comment

click on your mask to make it active, go to the channels pallet and double click on your mask there. it will open the color options.

Comment

The color is set for the mask by double clicking on the channel but, if ONLY that channel is visible, it always previews black. You have to have another channel selected to see the set color.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ylwdog
            Red Mask inside Liquify won't go away :-(
            by ylwdog
            I was editing a file and somehow the entire file now has a red mask on top and wont allow me to make any edits inside the Liquify tool.
            If I remove the mask by deselecting the box I still cannot edit.
            This is an urgent situation. I am supposed to deliver these files now and the next...
            03-11-2015, 07:24 AM
          • skydog
            mask
            by skydog
            If I'm working on an adjustment layer mask is there a command where I can actually see the mask on the screen instead of the photo?
            05-24-2009, 07:14 PM
          • Rexx
            Too many masks = ugly
            by Rexx
            I am sure every beginner has this problem, yet I cannot find any tips on it. I am probably not looking long enough or in the wrong places

Here is my problem.

I have an image detail that I need to mask, let us say it is too dark.
            Ok, I mask it using a contrast...
            04-04-2004, 10:44 PM
          • KTG
            Can't click on to activate mask
            by KTG
            So I am working away and suddenly notice I can no longer click on a mask to activate it. Also, I cannot option-click on an eyeball to turn off all the other eyeballs except the one I am trying to click on.

Obviously, I switched something off and try as I might, cannot get these functions...
            07-17-2012, 02:52 PM
          • albatrosss
            When do you use a "Difference Mask'?
            by albatrosss
            Yesterday I did a tutorial from Katrin Eismann's "Restoring and Retouching". It was the first time I had attempted a Difference Mask. When I had completed the tutorial I wondered why that method was recommended since an additional selection was required using another selection tool. ...
            02-03-2007, 07:48 AM
          Working...
          X