How to get this tones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get this tones ?

How to get this tones ? maybe duotono? grading map ? color balance? any idea?
    Attached Files

Re: How to get this tones ?

All of the above. I would hate to disappoint you, but there is no such thing as one size fits all.

You determine what your image needs changed in order to fit this look. Let's see what we have here. It's a desaturated color palette consisting of reds and neutrals. So, affect your image in a way that'll produce this color.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
      All of the above. I would hate to disappoint you, but there is no such thing as one size fits all.

You determine what your image needs changed in order to fit this look. Let's see what we have here. It's a desaturated color palette consisting of reds and neutrals. So, affect your image in a way that'll produce this color.
      You think I should desaturate via HUE/SATURATION , or SELECTIVE COLOR ???

Comment

Originally posted by unicoman View Post
        Output depends on input. Without seeing your pictures nobody can help you.

Comment

It takes seconds; try them both and see what you like best. There are so many ways to achieve more or less the same result that you should experiment to find what best suits your tastes. Could even have been shot with an iPhone filter for all we know.

Comment

It says so in the name. Control hue/sat brightness in hue/saturation adjustment, selectively affect color balance in selective color, mix channels with channel mixer, adjust channels on a tonal curve by using curves etc. You have to play with tools a little bit to know what they can do for you.

Comment

Originally posted by unicoman View Post
              You should stop naming off tools like they accomplish something on their own. I think you could achieve the broader aspects of this by a little fine tuning. You're aiming for a fairly warm image with low saturation. You may also want to consider the balance between subjects and background. Just a couple words of advice, gradient mapping doesn't offer a very fine level of control in terms of developing a look. It's fine to use it. Just don't expect to produce something interesting or original using only gradient mapping. Selective color is most useful when you want to adjust the balance of a specific range of colors or sometimes an object that would be cumbersome to outline. Ultimately the tool won't do it for you unless it's a case where someone clever spent a lot of hours working out a way to reproduce a given transformation with a success rate greater than 80-90%. That does happen, but it's not a great way to produce original work.

Comment

Working...
              X