Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i import a duplicate image to my original?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how can i import a duplicate image to my original?

    hi

    i'm working on an image ,rgb

    i want to make some edit in labmode , so image->duplicate ,image->mode->lab

    now i have on my first tab my original image rgb and on the right my duplicate image in lab mode

    i make some edit in lab mode , now i want to image in lab mode in a layer up my original photo in rgb (left tab)

    i tried Apply image without luck

    is the copy and past the only solution ?

    thanks

  • #2
    Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

    First you convert it back to RGB, then you duplicate the layer to the original.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

      I can give you luts, and you can work in LAB without leaving RGB.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

        There is a pretty easy way to do this with Smart Objects.

        - If needed duplicate the Layer you want treated in Lab Mode
        - Turn that Layer into a Smart Ojbect
        - Open the Smart Ojbect and convert to Lab mode
        - Do whatever adjustments you need in the opened Smart Object
        - Save the opened Smart Object (Cmd +S for Mac Ctrl + S for PC) then optionally close the opened Smart Ojbect
        - Back in the original document the Lab Layer will automatically have been converted back the the Color mode and Color space of the original document ready to use.

        The advantage of this approach is you can always go back and reopen the Smart Object to easily tweek the Lab adjustments you have made if you used adjustment Layers.

        Hope this gives you another idea to consider.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

          Originally posted by skoobey View Post
          First you convert it back to RGB, then you duplicate the layer to the original.
          Originally posted by Tulack View Post
          I can give you luts, and you can work in LAB without leaving RGB.
          to do it , i have to click on the layer and rightclick duplicate
          can't use from the menu image-> menu

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

            You can do it like that.

            Bottom layer in LAB. Top layer in RGB.

            https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...95225657_o.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

              Originally posted by Tulack View Post
              You can do it like that.

              Bottom layer in LAB. Top layer in RGB.

              https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...95225657_o.jpg
              hi
              i tried several ways , with cs6 and cc 2014 , but only this work , duplicate only a single laywer and import

              by the way gorgeous model

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                Originally posted by John Wheeler View Post
                There is a pretty easy way to do this with Smart Objects.


                - Save the opened Smart Object (Cmd +S for Mac Ctrl + S for PC) then
                Hi John
                save (with ctrl+s) does save a psd file in the temp folder ,doesn't it?
                thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                  Originally posted by mantra View Post
                  hi
                  i tried several ways , with cs6 and cc 2014 , but only this work , duplicate only a single laywer and import
                  I think we are talking about different things.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                    Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                    I think we are talking about different things.
                    hi
                    i guess my english sucks so much that it's incomprehensible

                    well i try to be more clear

                    1) i open my photo Sample.jpg , in rgb mode , i add a curve and selective color adjustament layers

                    2) well i would like to make some edit in lab mode , the most convenient mode is (i guess ) image->duplicate... and ->image->mode->lab

                    now i have 2 tabs right?
                    on my left tab my sample.jpg in rgb mode with my curve and so on and on my right mode i have my sample.jpg duplicated in labmode

                    3) now i start to edit my right tab , lab mode

                    4) finish my editing in lab mode , i want the image on the right tab (lab) mode in my left tab (that's is in rgb mode)
                    in short have a layer on my left tab(rgb mode ) with the image edited in lab mode

                    hope it's clear?
                    like your screenshot , at lest i'm right i can see the photo on the botton in lab mode and on top the rgb photo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                      Originally posted by mantra View Post
                      hi
                      i guess my english sucks so much that it's incomprehensible

                      well i try to be more clear

                      1) i open my photo Sample.jpg , in rgb mode , i add a curve and selective color adjustament layers

                      2) well i would like to make some edit in lab mode , the most convenient mode is (i guess ) image->duplicate... and ->image->mode->lab

                      now i have 2 tabs right?
                      on my left tab my sample.jpg in rgb mode with my curve and so on and on my right mode i have my sample.jpg duplicated in labmode

                      3) now i start to edit my right tab , lab mode

                      4) finish my editing in lab mode , i want the image on the right tab (lab) mode in my left tab (that's is in rgb mode)
                      in short have a layer on my left tab(rgb mode ) with the image edited in lab mode

                      hope it's clear?
                      like your screenshot , at lest i'm right i can see the photo on the botton in lab mode and on top the rgb photo
                      I understand you. Hope my english is alright. I just offer you a solution. You can go to LAB without creating "right tab" Just stay where you are (in RGB). You can have two layers in one tab. One can be LAB and second can be RGB. No need to create second tab.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                        Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                        Just stay where you are (in RGB). You can have two layers in one tab. One can be LAB and second can be RGB. No need to create second tab.
                        Hi Tulack

                        but you did not tell me how do it?
                        should i do what John Wheeler suggested?

                        thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                          Originally posted by mantra View Post
                          Hi Tulack

                          but you did not tell me how do it?
                          I did tell you. Here.


                          Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                          I can give you luts, and you can work in LAB without leaving RGB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: how can i import a duplicate image to my origi

                            Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                            I did tell you. Here.
                            Hi Tulack

                            now i got the mean of luts
                            yes i would appreciate luts
                            Last edited by mantra; 06-07-2015, 10:14 AM.

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            • Doug Nelson
                              ab (Lab - L) as a layer in RGB file
                              by Doug Nelson
                              Where's Richard Lynch when I need him? He excelled at this sort of thing.

                              Not for any particular reason, more just to see if it was possible and what would happen, I'm trying to put just the a and b channels of an RGB file converted to Lab together as a single layer in the original RGB...
                              04-24-2015, 09:07 PM
                            • kkamin
                              L*a*b* question: why can't it be simulated in RGB?
                              by kkamin
                              The big benefit I see of Lab is that the luminance is not tied to the color. So you can adjust saturation without clipping the colors as fast. Or darken an image without desaturating the colors as fast.

                              But why can't adjustments be made in RGB with blending modes such as "color"...
                              09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
                            • Rachel
                              Unsharpen Mask / Luminosity
                              by Rachel
                              If you want to apply sharpening to an image and do not want to switch to lab mode, here is another method to do so...

                              Unsharpen Mask settings:

                              Divide the output resolution by 200 and this determines your radius.
                              Threshold: Setting of 4-8 reduces graininess in flesh...
                              07-26-2002, 11:54 AM
                            • john_opitz
                              LAB color space
                              by john_opitz
                              How many use "Lab" as a editing mode for retouching and restoring images.
                              I do.
                              59.46%
                              66
                              I dont.
                              40.54%
                              45
                              10-10-2002, 09:20 PM
                            • Chacaboy
                              Questions about LAB mode
                              by Chacaboy
                              Hi,

                              I am a new member as of yesterday. I teach Photoshop and Lightroom, college level, and I would like some practical suggestions about how to demo useful or creative methods using LAB mode. I understand how it is structured, and that the lightness or luminosity is isolated from the...
                              08-24-2016, 04:05 PM
                            Working...
                            X