Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a color wheel for photoshop cc?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• mantra
    color balance to a specific color,can i do it?
    by mantra
    Hi

i have a question about color balance

i can emulate the color balance , and balance to a specific color

i thought about a solid color but i can't get the same effect

in color balance there are 3 sliders , and shadow ,midtones, and hightlight...
    10-07-2010, 02:35 AM
  • midnitejam
    Color Replacement
    by midnitejam
    Hi everyone,
    I have two snaps and they have different exposures/white balances. How can I replace the overall cast of #1 with that of #2?
    I suspect there is a "quick step" to accomplish this. example, Image/Adjustments/Replace Color or Match Color; but I haven't been able to...
    04-09-2004, 10:45 PM
  • skydog
    Color
    by skydog
    Sometimes I come across a color in a magazine, poster, wall, paint, etc that I like. To use it or know what it is I either take a picture or scan it. Is there an inexpensive device that can take a visual sample of the color and provide the color code?
    11-16-2008, 07:18 PM
  • mantra
    how can i reduce color predominance/dominance?
    by mantra
    Hi

is there a way to reduce or remove color (or a range of color) predominance/dominance?

i did a search for a video on youtube , and i didn't find it

i tried with the eyedropper to select a color , solid color ,blend exclusion but nothing

05-20-2012, 12:22 AM
  • DannyRaphael
    Impressionist plugin: Custom brushes
    by DannyRaphael
    Just in case you are unable to find a suitable brush among the 268 brush files that come with Impressionist, you can always create your own or install brush files created by others.

To get started, let's install a custom brush I created and experiment a bit with it. (We'll tackle creating...
    10-05-2008, 05:53 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a color wheel for photoshop cc?

hi

is there a way to have a color wheel in photoshop to select a color and use it
    to "color balance" an image ?

i know photoshop color balance adjustamanet layer has 3 sliders

what i would like to do is
    1) have a color wheel
    2) select a color for example # e8d2b0

3) and "color balance" the midtones with this color e8d2b0

can i do it ?

i know i can't do it with color balance adj. layer but maybe i can do it with another tool , like photo filter

can you please help me?

thanks

Re: is there a color a color wheel for photoshop c

I think I get what you're asking.
    I struggled with this a lot and in the end I found out that the best way is to paint on a color layer with small opacity.
    Problematic thing about retouching, that doesn't exist in painting, is that you "shift" things rather then replace them, so everything is based on something, and lovely color transitions are rarely there in the real world. I also use gradient maps when things are a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
      I think I get what you're asking.
      I struggled with this a lot and in the end I found out that the best way is to paint on a color layer with small opacity.
      hi
      do you use normal blend?
      photofiter can 't do it,can it?

thanks

maybe they have added to cc 2015 like premiere cc...

Comment

Brush to normal(makes no difference if it's set to color, lol, it's a new layer), layer to color blending mode.
        I don't know what photofiter is.
        What you're referring to in Premiere is basically a color balance tool, you can do that in PS using color balance and blend if sliders. And, as I said, it is for general things, you need to clone and draw color, just like you do with tone.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
          Brush to normal(makes no difference if it's set to color, lol, it's a new layer), layer to color blending mode.
          I don't know what photofiter is.
          What you're referring to in Premiere is basically a color balance tool, you can do that in PS using color balance and blend if sliders. And, as I said, it is for general things, you need to clone and draw color, just like you do with tone.
          hi
          about photo filters adjustament layer

yes a color balance tool ,(about premiere) but let me me select a specific color , and not play with photoshop color balance sliders , because i will never get that color

Comment

It's the same thing, color shift based on luminosity. That's what those LUT guys are talking about.
            I can only tell you that if you know what color you want, just simply painting on color is dead easy.

Video has those features because it's very very difficult to paint things frame by frame and required degree of precision in photography is much higher.
            Last edited by skoobey; 06-16-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Color layer with Blend If sliders will enable you to focus on the mid-tones, but you'll need some extra retouching to get the best result. See example of a greyscale image colorized in the mids using this method. Like a hammer without any further edits.
              Attached Files

Comment

Your color appearance depends on surrounding colors. Color doesn't exist by itself. You might choose the right color, but it would not look right if surrounding is different. You can choose tonal range with luminosity masking, and then color it the way you want it with any tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                  Your color appearance depends on surrounding colors. Color doesn't exist by itself. You might choose the right color, but it would not look right if surrounding is different. You can choose tonal range with luminosity masking, and then color it the way you want it with any tool.
                  thanks

maybe you know programs like canon digital professional or capture one , they have a color wheel to white balance , would like to do it with photoshop , at leat get the similar results

Comment

Originally posted by mantra View Post
                    thanks

maybe you know programs like canon digital professional or capture one , they have a color wheel to white balance , would like to do it with photoshop , at leat get the similar results
                    I like Shoku's answer, which isn't uncommon. When I think of adjusting midtones with some amount of tapering, the bases that we use to store color values of processed images in photoshop isn't really well suited to this kind of thing. It has been tested repeatedly, and it's just difficult to implement. Raw demosaiced data tends to be a closer fit to a linear gamma distribution, which creates fewer problems with a tool like that. Even if they created one in photoshop, it's unlikely that you would want to use it. I can say that the best approximation might be channel mixer. If it's a really tough image, try converting to 32 bpc first. That once again uses a linear gamma distribution.

A lot of people mention visual processing, but color is typically quantified in relation to cone response or radiometric measurements. It's because otherwise quantifying color would be a recursive problem. It already is with certain filter types, but those tend to run noticeably slow.

Comment

Originally posted by mantra View Post
                      thanks

I do know the program. It's 3d lut creator.

Comment

I do know the program. It's 3d lut creator.
                        hi Tulack!
                        do you think it could be done with photoshop ?

Comment

Re: is there a color wheel for photoshop cc?

I may be confused, but curious why no one has mentioned the obvious here.

Photoshop does have a "color wheel" in the color picker. It's just not a wheel. But you can pick any color, either visually or by-the-numbers.

So to do what you want, maybe this works:

1. Add a solid color adjustment layer and put it in color mode. Layer/New Fill Layer/Solid color. Pick color. Change blending mode to color.

2. Mask that layer as desired. Use blend-if to target midtones, or better yet add a midtone luminosity mask.

3. Double-click on the layer and the color picker comes up again. You can change color and see results in real time. Or change the opacity of the solid color layer.

But... when you apply color "A" to color "B" using color belnding mode you get color "C", which is neither A or B and may not be what you want. Usually it works well when A and B are close, but not so well to change red to blue for example. So, as an option, add a Hue/Sat adjustment and desat the existing color. Apply the same mask to the Hue/Sat. Better yet, put the solid color layer and Hue/Sat layer in a group and apply the mask to the group.

Comment

There is also the Adobe Color Themes under Window / Extensions. A nice tool to choose colors, but it doesn't eliminate the issues mentioned here.
                            Attached Files

Comment

www.coolorus.com is pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                              X