No announcement yet.

How do you handle problematic clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you handle problematic clients?

Hi Guys and Girls,

Usually I have no problems with clients but sometimes they are killing me.
    I have patience and if the clients know what they want there is no problem because they can tell you what changes they want.
    In the other hand if they know what they want but can't explain that just show you 3-4 completely different reference images and you need to figure out they wishes.

For example:
    1, They have a low quality image and they want a high-end look.
    Photoshop is like magic but for that they need a real magic
    2, The client shows you what he/she wants and if you do that he/she says "this is not that"

If you have met with those conditions how you handle it?

Thank you

Re: How do you handle problematic clients?

Manage expectations. Show them a rough 10 minute retouch of your interpretation of the briefing that will help them to crystallise their thoughts. That will save you hours in the long run. This not only helps you to quote but enables you to hike the price later if they change their minds.

Comment

Somebody isn't exchanging Xmas cards........

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Profane View Post
        Somebody isn't exchanging Xmas cards........
        Sorry but I just don't understand...

Comment

The answer is always the same. If you want to match that reference, with this input, it is going to take a long time. About 3 days per image. Money softens the blow of them being idiots. Although lately I've been getting more and more completely idiotic requests. But they're willing to pay, so whatever.

Comment

Be strict but pleasant. If you get a reputation as a pushover, you'll eventually be getting clients only because you're a pushover. Many clients respect being told they're asking for something unreasonable. You'll have a much longer and more satisfying career if you cultivate those and cut the others loose.

Plus, once you've decided to cut a client loose you'll be surprised how many change their tune to stay with you.
            Learn by teaching
            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
            X