Restoring colour to an old certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring colour to an old certificate

I have an old certificate (actually issued in the Soviet Union in 1981) which is 21.7 X 41.7 cm and an awkward size to work with. (I received it for two-way radio contacts with all ten districts of the old Soviet Union back then.) It has faded dramatically over the years, and really means a lot to me. In fact, some of the writing has nearly faded to oblivion. Could someone please help me restore it to near its original quality? I have attached a scan of the file as it is now, and a scan of another, slightly better-quality example. Both have been processed by Shrink-to-PC software during the upload, I hope this does not make them unusable.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Restoring colour to an old certificate

Blended the two.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot, Gary, that's a major improvement on what I have at the moment. However, (and I don't want to sound ungrateful) for want of a better word, it seems significantly more pixelated than the original scan - perhaps because of the compromising done by the Shrink-to-PC software. I'll become a Patron later (just rushing out to work right now), which will allow me to transfer larger files, then reattach the original scan in its full size and see if that works out better.

Comment

And, because of the minimal size that can be posted here.

Comment

Working...
        X