Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you retouch this picture?

Hi all,
    that is my last picture and I don't know what type of retouch I must apply.
    How do you retouch this picture with colors?
    Thanks a lot!
    http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/...2311199011.jpg
    Last edited by thiiib; 10-26-2015, 05:37 AM.

Re: How do you retouch this picture?

The image is very dark, so increase the brightness and color saturation. Then bring out the color in the eyes/lips, and smooth the skin. I would also clean up the fibers coming out of the edge of the sleeve on the right, as they are a bit distracting.

(The question is pretty vague, do you have some goal or specific use in mind for this image?)

Comment

You need to consider what you want out of an image. It will help. Right now the question is basically unintelligible, and the image itself looks like a basic portrait of sorts, but I don't know the intention.

If it was me, my inclinations would be to brighten the image up slightly, possibly the girl more than the background. I think a little balance would help. The hand is pretty bright relative to the face. The nails are bolder than the lip color. Lip makeup is worn. Hair is poorly lit and has a lot of frizzy parts. Ideally you would start with better lighting, makeup, and wardrobe choices (sweater is very bright relative to the face). If that's not an option, try to bring some balance to this. It's just all over the place right now, and it emphasizes the least interesting points of the image.

Comment

Would something like this be acceptable?

~~~~~ Original ~~~~ ~~~ My Version ~~~
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice photo doesn't necessarily need much of anything doing depending on it's usage. I'd build some contrast and try to make the eyes pop a bit.

I'm new to retouching and still a lot to learn but this is what I'd do based on the brief for with colours used a bit of a gradient to style it at the end.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...2311199011.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by craigdhd; 10-28-2015, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I completely disagree with the others. Although this still has too "heavy" of a feel, I would go more this direction. Note face a bit brighter. Background cooler to make skintone feel a bit warmer in contrast to it, garment toned down in brightness, hand toned down, bridge of nose just slightly toned down, lip color toned down because it's way too bold for such soft lighting, highlights in eyes brightened considerably, etc. The adjustments aren't that large. It's a couple points on each. It would converge to a slightly more dramatic result if I did it to completion. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.
            Attached Files

Comment

Please check the reference image.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is a beautiful image that I think doesn't need a major overhaul, just some cleaning up and adjusting. I brightened it up a bit, cleaned up some of the hair that distracted me, and darkened the hand and sweater a bit. I also cooled down the shadows a bit and made the background a little more neutral. Just trying to maintain what I thought was the main mood and feeling that was intended.
                Attached Files

Comment

This image has a kind of dark mood to begin with. With RAW it could be brightened even more but I think it would become a different kind of photo, the moodiness is kind of nice and the models' expression is great.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is fun. Mine
                    Attached Files

Comment

How about someone trying to actually even out the color of the hand? lol

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
                        I did a little bit. I only post on stuff like this if I want to show you can make progress with very small adjustments. My tablet is packed at the moment so I just used a trackpad. It doesn't allow for very smooth motion, but I suspect a lot of these guys use a mouse.

Comment

Hi,
                          thanks a lot for your messages. A member helps me in private and this is his render:

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2015/12/03/151203081211753244.jpg

I would like a desaturation in this image, and to bring out the freckled.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post

Comment

just messing about with tones
                              Attached Files

Comment