X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color grading

hello guys, 'm new here.
    i need help.
    how can i get this style? in photoshop http://i0.wp.com/www.fantasticplasti...size=360%2C240

thank you
    Last edited by ntncardoso; 11-24-2015, 08:02 AM.

Re: Color grading

Not just this style, but any style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHvfVc_8eMc

Comment

Re: Color grading

The entire image is quite warm. It has heavy shadows. You can process out just as you normally would. To get the overall you will probably end up using curves to pull the shadows down a bit overall as well as the same kind of adjustment in the blue channel to get those yellowish tones. Adjust the green channel as necessary to balance things. You may need to fine tune clothing or skintones a bit.

Note that they darkened the corners quite a bit to emphasize the "vintage" feeling of the overall image. It's certainly meant to have somewhat of a vintage feel, although it's a bit mixed in that regard. I think the styling on the boy feels like it pulls more from the 1950s. His hair styling is definitely influenced by that.

Beyond the overall grading, remember that nailing the lighting helps, you may need to fine tune the details no matter what. Eyes, lips, cheeks, and clothing are very prominent aspects of this image.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jaalpari
        Color grading
        by Jaalpari
        Does anyone have any idea about this color techniques.

http://s17.postimg.org/4crhtko1b/image.jpg
        09-03-2015, 05:42 PM
      • iliastsi
        How to get this edit style
        by iliastsi
        How could this color style in photo being archived from raw files? It looks very interesting...

03-11-2017, 10:20 AM
      • danlandoni
        Help me breakdown style!
        by danlandoni
        Okay, I've been having trouble achieving a certain "look" so I wanted to see if you guys can give me a hand!

Here is what I'm looking for. I love how there are shadows on both sides of face. Is he using black v-flats next to models? I've tried it but did not get similar results....
        06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
      • alexmak
        Need advise on this type of style
        by alexmak
        Hi, this is my first post but i ve been reading this forum for quite some times and i really appreciate all the technique and experience you guys share with each other! I literally learn new things from every thread i read which is exhausting lol. But now i need your help!

I always come...
        05-26-2010, 10:38 AM
      • frakkie
        Skintone effect?
        by frakkie
        I came across this images online and more and more often i do see this kind of style in regards of skintones, saturation, shine in fashion shots.

Does anyone have an idea how this can be achieved? In particular the look of the skin?

Big thanks already!!...
        04-08-2012, 11:42 PM
      Working...
      X