Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1000mpix camera?No prob, I'll just charge more :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000mpix camera?No prob, I'll just charge more :)

I would love to open up a discussion about how things are changing with cameras that have higher resolution.

And while the workflow is the same, more pixels=more time spent on an image.
    There is more to do, and more to zoom in.

Funny thing being, while we have 100mpix cameras and super sharp lenses, many photographers buy these having no idea what to do with them that's different than with a 10mpix one(besides cropping). And many times I have clients agree upon retouching a downsized (20 mpix usually) image simply because it's for a webshop or a small format catalog, is a one-of and is not going to be reproduced later on like billboards etc. just to get the cost down.

So, how do you handle larger files? What are the things in your workflow you have to adjust compared to the 10-20mpix? How do you handle client communication? Would love to hear some experiences.

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
    Perfectionist tendencies
    by jeaniesa
    OK, this has been bugging me for the past few days and I wonder how everyone else deals with it (if you do). I tend to be detail oriented and a perfectionist in many areas of my life, and of course that tendency is showing up in my photo restoration work. I spent 6-8 hours on both of the photos that...
    08-31-2001, 10:07 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    How Photoshop savvy are your clients?
    by Doug Nelson
    On a scale from "execute my notes without variation" to "make girl pretty", how much do your clients know about what goes into retouching an image?

Does this influence what you charge? Does a savvy client mean you can charge more because they appreciate the work involved,...
    04-23-2015, 04:50 AM
  • Anthirium
    large quantity of retouching pricing and timescale
    by Anthirium
    I have worked as a graphic designer for quite a few years, and have recently started to do some freelance retouching/product photography jobs.

I have just landed a large project of around 1000 products to photograph and edit for a website, and I am very new to the pricing side of things...
    08-20-2011, 11:49 AM
  • alceria
    Questions about Retouching Businesses
    by alceria
    First off, hello. I'm new to this board, though I've been to the site a few times before.

I'm interested in finding out what kind of people are doing restorations. Are you doing them for a hobby or for work? If you are doing them for work, is it the main part of your business or...
    11-13-2002, 07:30 PM
  • lucaluca
    Attn:High-end retouchers -How long should it take?
    by lucaluca
    Hi everyone!

I've been doing increasingly high-end work over the past year but as I've never worked in an agency, I have no idea about how long things should normally take and I'm always concerned I'll wind up overcharging someone due to being too slow. I'm curious to know how long it...
    03-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Working...
X