No announcement yet.

What is the difference?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• j4str
    difference between clone stamp and healing brush
    by j4str
    Hey, im new to retouching pictures. I've used photoshop for a long time, but learning retouching has given me a lot more tools to use. The clone stamp and the healing brush seem to be pretty similar and i can't figure out what the difference is

found the...
    12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
  • Rust
    Confused please help:)
    by Rust
    Hello. I have a question concerning the healing brush. When do you use it?? I get feeling that more and more people use it rarely and prefer the cloning tool. I watched a show with chris orwig and he used spot and healing brush a lot on small blemishes. But then i watched C.tarantino show and he preferred...
    05-24-2010, 07:17 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Healing Brush
    by Doug Nelson
    We're starting to see Challenge entries that mention the PS7 healing brush. For those that have it, what are your initial opinions?

No one has mentioned the patch tool, yet.
    04-24-2002, 04:14 PM
  • mdw46
    Healing Brush Tool ???
    by mdw46
    Hi,
    In the attached photo i am trying to remove the shine that the sliva is causing . Which tool is the easiest for me to use to correct this ??...
    04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
  • kamrulcumba
    Healing Brush Tool and Clone Tool In Photoshop
    by kamrulcumba
    Hi,

Its my Great Pleasure as Today I have Joined Here.

For Skin Retouching which Tool is very Useful for Spot and Color Correction.

Healing Brush or Clone Tool?
    11-26-2014, 02:00 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference?

What is the main difference between spot healing brush tool and clone stamp tool? Which should be used for retouching any face in Photoshop?

Re: What is the difference?

Spot healing blends the detail using the surrounding area.

Clone stamp tool directly transfers sampled area.

Regular stamp and heal tools are something I use most often.

Comment

Spot healing brush is good for just that: spots. Trying to use it for larger areas runs the risk of muddying up your texture.

Regular healing brush clones texture. In theory it applies the highlight/shadow relationships from the source while keeping the tone and saturation of the target. Sort of. It's not great up against edges between sharp differences in color or value. Lots of pixel bleed, though the latest CC version appears to have corrected this.

Cloning moves everything from source to target, for good or ill. Usually I'll do rough work with the clone stamp, then refine the inevitable blotches with the healing brush.

Comment

Spot healing will take the sampling automatically from the surroundings and merge it in to the destination.

Clone stamp replaces the destination with the source sample, the amount of replacement can be controlled by adjusting the flow and opacity.

We would suggest using healing brush tool on face retouching, because healing brush tool blends the source and the destination area to produce a merged result without have any visible difference on the affected area.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
          Spot healing blends the detail using the surrounding area.

Clone stamp tool directly transfers sampled area.

Regular stamp and heal tools are something I use most often.
          Oh got it, thank you. I am using mostly clone stamp tool for retouching task, so was wondering which tool should be used when!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon William View Post
            Spot healing will take the sampling automatically from the surroundings and merge it in to the destination.

Clone stamp replaces the destination with the source sample, the amount of replacement can be controlled by adjusting the flow and opacity.

We would suggest using healing brush tool on face retouching, because healing brush tool blends the source and the destination area to produce a merged result without have any visible difference on the affected area.
            Thank you so much for the detailed info here. I was using clone stamp so thinking of using other tools also for touching up the face.

Comment

Working...
            X