How to achieve this color grade? Nice blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieve this color grade? Nice blue

Hi, I'm pretty intrigued by the color palette in this specific image. I'm a fan of the photos from www.fotohouselounge.com

I know it's cool in the shadows and warm on the tones, but I'm having a hard time matching the same type of blue/transition or warmth. Any suggestions would be of great help. I would assume there's more going on to it as well.

Here is the image:
    http://www.fotohouselounge.com/#gallery-43823/7

I tried an attachment, but the file was too large, so please excuse me on that.

Re: How to achieve this color grade? Nice blue

Everything toned in blue and face masked out. Desaturate colds and you will see yourself.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...07509875_o.jpg

You can even see very bad masking on curtain and hair line
    Last edited by Tulack; 05-17-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

yes I understand there's selective masking, but I'm still stuck at achieving the same blues. I tone it in blue, but it's not the same which is my question on which gradient ramp would it be or for the type of tone for skin? I believe there's some slight blue on the skin shadows too just to blend.

Comment

Well, maybe if you show us the starting point? Every image has it's own demands. Different lighting, subject and market(commercial, beauty, fashio, portrait, stock, web shop...) demand different things.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgenburner View Post
          yes I understand there's selective masking, but I'm still stuck at achieving the same blues. I tone it in blue, but it's not the same which is my question on which gradient ramp would it be or for the type of tone for skin? I believe there's some slight blue on the skin shadows too just to blend.
          Output 101 percent depends on input. You can have the same blue only if you have the same image to start with. Even if it's the same by numbers it will look different if your image different.

There is green on the skin when he tried to blend orange and blue. Original image is black and white as you can see yourself.

Here is a tutorial how to tone black and white image.

http://juanmelara.com.au/the-summer-...ding-tutorial/
          Last edited by Tulack; 05-18-2016, 12:10 AM.

Comment

so it seems there's a bit of cyan/blue transitioning to a deeper blue everywhere, making the blue much different from what I been doing (just a single blue). I'd have to match the same value ranges then... to get similar results, not exact, but close.

Comment

Can you post a photo that yo want to have that kind of blue or cool/warm effect so we can try? i like to practice on some photos if possible, but try to have that kind of photos with good lighting/exposure already, and if you have RAW that will make it even much much easier, 1 or 2 photos are enough if you can.

Comment

Working...
              X