Quick select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick select

I am being taught that, in quick select, I can expand or contract a selected area
    by using a paint brush. Pick white and I expand a selected area, pick black and I subtract from it. Very useful for primping selections, particularly rough ideas selected with a lasso tool. Problem is, when I picked white, the tool did the same as for black. I NEVER could add to a selection with this process. I am using PS, CC version. How can I use quick select to add to a selection? Thanks!

Re: Quick select

Press D, to set your brushes to default. Also, you might have re-selected within the quick mask, and there by you can only paint within your selection. Try going to Select>deselect. Also, try using the eraser instead of brush.

Comment

You are mistaking Quick select for Quick mask.

Comment

And so have I Take you quick selection to quick mask, and then you can do all of the above.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AdamZx3
          undo feather selection pet peave
          by AdamZx3
          I have a real pet peave with using the lasso tools and after you make a great selection and delete you find that feather was set to 0, and if you undo and hit 0 for feather the current selection still has a 3px feather...grrr. Is there anyway to reset the feather to 0 without re-selecting???
          09-15-2007, 11:04 AM
        • val
          selection tools
          by val
          Hi, I like to use both Photoshop 6 and Corel Photo Paint for colouring black and white images. However I prefer to use Corel Photo Paint as there is a handy little tool just called a brush, it is found on the tools palate along with all the other selection tools. you can push the pixels into the outer...
          06-19-2003, 10:26 AM
        • Jerryb
          quick selection tool when used is feathered
          by Jerryb
          hi,
          I have noticed when using the quick selection tool that the selection has about a 1-3 pixal feather around it edges, and it also noticiable when you do a mask. Sometimes that works to my advantage but other times I end up doing a little sharpening.

At first I thought it was...
          12-22-2011, 07:32 AM
        • kapital
          Selection Brush in Paintshop?
          by kapital
          I am trying Paintshop pro X and CS2 right now, and I can't find the kind of selection brush that Photoshop Elements has. All I see is the lasso tool and the magic wand. Am I missing something? (I know that there is also that magic selection thing, but that's not the straightforward selection brush I...
          09-05-2006, 04:41 AM
        • Ed_L
          Don't feather selections
          by Ed_L
          When you make a selection, don't feather it. Save it as an alpha channel. From there you can dulicate the alpha channel, then run it through blur, blur more, or gaussian blur for a softer edge. Don't delete the original alpha channel in case you want to modify it further. The selection can be edited...
          05-20-2002, 08:47 AM
        Working...
        X