Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what am I missing for decoding this look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what am I missing for decoding this look?

Originally posted by justinkmcclure View Post
    Tulack, was that your work in the PSD?
    It was a great retouch, or what i was looking for...

Layer4 is that clone stamp?
    and i've never seen the Db layer set to Linear Light...
    You have all the information you need in EXIF.
    Layer 4 can be anything you comfortable with.
    It's not db layer. It's IHP. Turn off the mask to see.

Comment

Re: what am I missing for decoding this look?

Originally posted by justinkmcclure View Post
      Tulack, was that your work in the PSD?
      It was a great retouch, or what i was looking for...

Layer4 is that clone stamp?
      and i've never seen the Db layer set to Linear

I will say I like Tulack's sensibilities, but don't get caught up too much on mechanical details.

My point was to stress on sensibilities. You may want to take a picture of someone standing in front of a brick wall. Check the perspective relative to the subject. Check the scale of the bricks relative to the subject. Both of these were certainly off, but beyond that it's just very tacky. You are likely to develop better taste with time.

Obtaining a good complexion can be done via small moves. You fix the worst bits of roughness first, moving to smaller and smaller details. Click your retouching on and off from time to time. Compare the before and after to anatomical references if needed. It will help you understand when you have obscured the shape of a particular bone or muscle.

I'm not sure of her natural skintone. The color of her face is quite different from that of her hands, but it's not clear whether it's partly makeup or all a natural occurrence.

I would probably do something closer to this, although I'm still not fond of the hands. Note that I did this with a mouse and magic wanded a couple things for masking. It's not what I would do at a technical level for any real project. I just want you to get some idea of how I would approach certain aspects. This is consistent with my previous suggestion.

I would continue on to get a better appearance from the hands and smooth out those highlights somewhat, among other things. You can get a very flawless appearance with small steps.

I changed my mind. This is the direction I would go if someone showed me your original reference as reference.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by klev; 09-13-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment