fake film neg framing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fake film neg framing

Hi, I've seen these digital shots which have a fake film info framing - these ones for the pro400h - I was wondering if anyone knew what program these are from -does vsco give you the framing around the image when you select one of the film filters to go over an image? these ones have quite a film look to them if anyone knows what programs they are from ?
    thanks
    Attached Files

Re: fake film neg framing

What makes you believe that these are digital rather than scans from analogue film, either 6x4.5cm or 6x7cm?

Film scan Pentax 645
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5681/...0a761cd6_c.jpg

Comment

Hi Tony. They have the digi info on the files. They were shot digital on the Nikon
      D3s - so I'm guessing that this has been added after to have a film type look and the framing info -

Comment

Ahh,in that case you may have to make/fake your own. Unless someone here knows of any ready made?

One way you may tackle this HERE
        For accuracy you may need to find a genuine scan from a particular film and try to replicate

Comment

Thanks for the link. I was mainly hoping to find if any one knew if it was from a pre set type of thing such as Vsco etc just as I've seen a few people use this boarder and seem to have a very nice film look to the work when it's been shot digital - sorry the files posted are quite small. Thanks for your help though.

Comment

http://epaperpress.com/psphoto/frmSheet.html

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
              Film recorders
              by thomasgeorge
              John, do you do any work with film transfer devices? I was wondering how the negatives come out from this process as regards prints or scans made from them. Thanks, Tom
              03-02-2002, 06:47 AM
            • onesh0t
              Emulating film in digital
              by onesh0t
              Hi,
              I remember someone posted scans of grey cards which were shot on film. It was an interesting method of emulating grain in post. Unfortunately I cannot find the thread.

Would anybody have those on their hard drive still?
              08-10-2012, 02:55 AM
            • Rey Mendoza,Jr
              Data to film technology
              by Rey Mendoza,Jr
              I was wondering if there is a way to transfer those restored pictures back into film? kind of data to film transfer (or even 35 mm slides)

That way printing is cheaper and quality would be greater.

Thanks
              Rey
              01-22-2002, 05:41 PM
            • jim1971
              getting images off 8mm film
              by jim1971
              ive come across some 8mm film and was wondering how i go about transfering some of the frames off the film into some digital still shots? im probably going to answer my own question right now,but should i be thinking about using a scanner that is able to scan negatives/slides?

the reason...
              07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
            • RobertaHofmann
              Need advice unexposed film
              by RobertaHofmann
              A few months ago I got two blank rolls of film from my Canon Elan, spaced 4-5 rolls apart. Five rolls of film were perfectly exposed; two were totally unexposed. I figured the camera was getting old and I did not want to put the money into it, so I bought a new Canon Elan 7. I took about 20 perfectly...
              07-30-2006, 05:01 AM
            Working...
            X