Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

those details in blacks like highpass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • those details in blacks like highpass

    I found this album on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/ryansche...01251066639990
    I liked so much this style. The blacks has so much details like a hipass filter is applyied but without looking oversharpened (as we know highpass filter brings nice details but if overdone the image looks like oversharpened)
    I wonder if you know any teqnique to archive this result??

  • #2
    Re: those details in blacks like highpass

    I see nothing unique. Filters for smoothing out skin combined with raw developing.

    Maybe you can show us your image and one of his that you are aiming for.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: those details in blacks like highpass

      Originally posted by iliastsi View Post
      The blacks has so much details like a hipass filter is applyied but without looking oversharpened
      If this is the image you have in mind - without knowing where it began it is difficult to deconstruct how the final image was created. It could all be from the camera, or adjustment in PS or CR to a much flatter original.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: those details in blacks like highpass

        Originally posted by Shoku View Post
        If this is the image you have in mind - without knowing where it began it is difficult to deconstruct how the final image was created. It could all be from the camera, or adjustment in PS or CR to a much flatter original.
        This is just a guess, but since the sunny sky through the windows at left is toned down considerably, I'm thinking he might have dimmed the entire image that much and then brought back the original brightness where he wanted it: on the bride and groom, the chandeliers, etc.
        https://s27.postimg.org/qogeh4qdf/brightness.jpg

        Here is an illustration that I did as an experiment with that technique:
        https://s22.postimg.org/sihj2916n/church.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: those details in blacks like highpass

          Originally posted by Sabrina81 View Post
          This is just a guess, but since the sunny sky through the windows at left is toned down considerably, I'm thinking he might have dimmed the entire image that much and then brought back the original brightness where he wanted it: on the bride and groom, the chandeliers, etc.
          That is definitely a possibility.

          He could also have balanced a long shutter speed with the right aperture, depending on the actual brightness in the room, to expose the windows correctly, and sync'd a flash behind the couple to create the ideal exposure. We did this a lot at weddings using leaf shutter cameras. It creates a better ambiance with more interior detail without blowing out the windows. All the bride and groom need to do is keep still for a few heartbeats.

          But I agree there was most likely some postwork on this one.

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X