Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The purpose of retouching for modeling agency book

Hey guys!

I'm starting to shoot studio photos for model agencies here in Brazil.

Pretty much, those are photos for the model's book, which the booker shows to clients to get them hired for jobs. They are intentionally underproduced and the model's natural beauty should really stand out.

My big question is translating these theoretical principles into post-production effective work. I'd say dodge & burn the skin, take a bit off attention away from clothes, maybe not use harsh contrasts...

But I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding editing and retouching in these cases.

Here are some examples below.

Cheers, guys.

Re: The purpose of retouching for modeling agency

It's just like anything else... some faces look great with more retouching, some with less etc. There is no universal rules. Just don't erase anyone's features.

P.S. If you need to know what it looks like to a 3rd person, you can look for an opinion in "critiques" section.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• grygarness
      New beauty retouching book online
      by grygarness
      Hi all
      I'm Gry Garness – based in London UK as a Retoucher and Photoshop trainer since 2002. I worked as a fashion, music and advertising photographer from 1994 until a few years ago, when the retouching side took over. I've also been a hair stylist and makeup artist for 14 years, and I've...
      03-28-2008, 06:45 AM
    • Calden
      Retouching Assistants?
      by Calden
      Hi everybody,
      I recently moved to New York and am looking for entry level retouching opportunities. I have been doing freelance assisting for two years and retouching for one. I would really like to get my foot in the door at a retouching house, but don't think anyone is taking me very seriously...
      04-10-2007, 11:11 PM
    • KittyBuddha
      Architectural Retouching
      by KittyBuddha
      Can anyone recommend books, blogs or on-line tutorials on architectural retouching? I know virtually nothing about it & would like to enhance my work. I'll be retouching interior as well as exterior shots.
      02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
    • skoobey
      Recommendation for analogue retouching book?
      by skoobey
      Could someone recommend me a book that explains techniques of analogue retouching? Anything and everything on the topic really
      10-14-2013, 09:43 AM
    • Doug Nelson
      Retouching circa 1940
      by Doug Nelson
      The Art of Retouching and Improving Negatives and Prints by Robert Johnson is readable online. Cool book showing how they did it in 1941.
      09-04-2015, 09:59 AM
    Working...
    X