Favourite Photoshop plugins

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• jarulex
    plugins
    by jarulex
    Hello Folks!
    I'm presently receiving many solicitations offering Photoshop plugins, like Alien Skin's Bookeh 2 (blur) or an Italian feature: Alce (dodge).
    You Folk do think that they are really performant? Are they doing thinks definitely better than the 'simple' Photoshop?
    Besides...
    11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Photoshop plugins 2015
    by Doug Nelson
    Are Photoshop plugins becoming redundant with Adobe's new policy of launching new features every couple of months?

The plugin companies seem to be shrinking and disappearing, so it seems there is less of a market for them. But perhaps that's the marketplace overall, and not specifically...
    12-22-2014, 04:22 PM
  • Frogger
    Plugins
    by Frogger
    I Do many Animated Sigs and Avatars, I just recently started doing a few Movie Sigs And have gotten pretty good with it, however it lags my Photoshop real bad when doing it.
    Is it possible that so many plugins are running and is it possible to disable some?
    Then if so how will I know...
    07-24-2007, 06:33 PM
  • markc78
    Photoshop Plugins
    by markc78
    Hi , I'm curious about the range of additional plugins available to Ps & if they really can enhance the image editing process or are they generally just dressed up automations for what can already be achieved manually within Ps?

Some of the plugins I've come across so far include...
    03-27-2009, 03:14 AM
  • Pacificpowered
    what plug-ins do you use?
    by Pacificpowered
    Hello,

My name is Donald Kelly. I have been using Photoshop to retouch and edit photos for awhile now, but I have no experience using plug-ins.

I was wondering if anyone who retouches and edits could offer a list of their personal favorite plug-ins that they find useful...
    10-23-2011, 12:58 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Photoshop plugins

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what peoples favourite various Photoshop plugins (free or paid for) are.

I've just been playing around with the free Nik collection plugins and thought i'd see if anyone had any other recommendations...

I guess mostly i'm interested in colour effects/hdr/beauty. I'd also like to find a good plugin for creating drawing/paint effects for example.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Favourite Photoshop plugins

As the name of this board is retouchPRO I think you'll find that most of the resident experts don't use any plug-ins but are adept with the tools built in to photoshop (and other imaging software). That said, you may get some answers from newer board members. And btw, Google has stopped development and support of the Nik suite of products so it's questionable how long they'll be useful for.

Comment

Thanks for the reply however unhelpful.

Best

Comment

You're right. As you have already the Nik plugins I'd suggest you continue to use them, as at least you haven't had to pay for them and they may continue to work with Photoshop for a few years yet. I've found Nik Sharpener to be the most useful, especially the RAW pre-sharpener. Dfine isn't bad at reducing noise either and again, it's a lot cheaper than many of the competing noise reducing plug-ins. I'm not keen on the other plug-ins in the suite, though, although they may a place in your workflow.

The only other plug-in I've used with any regularity is Vertus Fluid Mask which I bought at least 10 years ago and who've never charged me for an upgrade. Still the best plug-in for complex masking although Photoshop's native tools have caught up and surpassed it IMO.

Comment

The plugin I use most often is Topaz Clarity. Extremely useful because it adjusts contrasts at four different levels. The color panel in Clarity looks just like the one in Adobe Camera Raw, but the colors are more responsive in clarity.

Next is either Topaz Detail or Nik Sharpener Pro. Detail is very useful because it allows independent sharpening of small, medium and large details.

PS - Anyone who says pros don't use plugins is ... well ... not a pro. (I wonder what they think Adobe Camera Raw is.)
          Last edited by Sabrina81; 10-12-2017, 06:44 PM. Reason: Add PS

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina81 View Post
            Anyone who says pros don't use plugins is ... well ... not a pro. (I wonder what they think Adobe Camera Raw is.)
            Good point Sabrina!

Here's the deal: If you have the time AND the chops, you can use your image editor's tools manually to achieve a wide range of corrections/enhancements.

But if you're on deadline, like to experiment or wish to get exotic results that the standard tools just won't give you, that's where plug-ins come in.

PS: People who don't use plug-ins probably wash their clothes and dishes by hand too, ha!

Comment

Hey thanks for the replies, i'm a bit slow responding..
              Yes I had a couple of recent jobs where considering the time factor I was trying to find quick ways of trying various looks.
              Ive used things like knoll light factory plugin and tried the free trial of portraiture although $200 for the license is a bit much for me at the moment just to save a little bit of retouching time...
              I will have a look at those mentioned here tho thanks!

Comment

Caleb, FWIW Portraiture (and all Imagenomic products) is discounted.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

My favorites:
                      Noise Reduction in Depth - SightLine, and sophisticated FireGrade

http://nuclearlight.net/

Comment

Quick Underwater Fix - abstract profiles for Color Lookup adjustments layer and an action

https://creativemarket.com/Raztrend/...Fix-Underwater

Hope it helps some retouchers

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
                          Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what peoples favourite various Photoshop plugins (free or paid for) are.

I've just been playing around with the free Nik collection plugins and thought i'd see if anyone had any other recommendations...

I guess mostly i'm interested in colour effects/hdr/beauty. I'd also like to find a good plugin for creating drawing/paint effects for example.

Thanks in advance!
                          Must have plugins for photoshop : Alienskin, Topaz Labs, NIck collection, AutoFX software,Portrature3

Comment

Last month i work for an client at my Independent clipping path house and he give me lot of color correction work. and i use "RH Hover Color Picker" and this time i really love this plugin and become favorite plugin as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X