Frequency Separation "high" layer acting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency Separation "high" layer acting weird

I'm quite new at retouching, but I've never encountered this. I'm practicing basic frequency separation and since yesterday, the High layer is showing weirdness when I clone stamp or use the healing brush. (2 attached screen shots) In both these images I exaggerated the use of the clone stamp, so hopefully you can see.
    My settings in creating FS layers have not changed, since this started happening. I cannot think of what is wrong. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Frequency Separation "high" layer acting weird

Change "Current and below" to "Current layer"

Comment

Thank you. That took care of one aspect, but now the clone stamp effect is almost the opposite - VERY faded. The mode is set to normal. And opacity and flow set at 100.

Comment

It clones what you have on "high" layer.

Comment

ditch frequency separation and invest in Timothy Sexton Lynda courses

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• baryon
            Frequency separation: Really non-destructive?
            by baryon
            I have recently been experimenting with frequency separation, using the Apply Image method to create a "blurred" layer and a high frequency one.

I absolutely love the amount of control you get when cloning directly on the high frequency layer: it's not something you can normally...
            09-08-2013, 02:17 PM
          • Caravaggio
            question about frequency separation method
            by Caravaggio
            I like the frequency separation technique and am starting to use it and get more familiar with it. The only problem I have is where areas of extremely strong contrast meet or "edges". If I clone over those areas on the high frequency layer, it introduces a tonal change into the image when...
            02-18-2011, 03:53 PM
          • fraiseap
            Extended frequency separation
            by fraiseap
            I have been playing around with frequency separation using a couple of methods;

1. Using surface blur to create a low frequency layer and using high pass to create a high frequncy layer and blending the two with linear light

2. Using the Model Mayhem technique of creating...
            12-30-2010, 09:42 AM
          • SimonG
            Frequency Separation
            by SimonG
            Is it destructive? Like, if You are doing with 10px brush high and low pass both, is it really destructive? Is D&B better or there isn't really big difference? I'm quite new to this technique.
            02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
          • P_fuzz
            this frequency separation you all speak of...
            by P_fuzz
            show me the way to it

j/k, I was wondering if there is an ultimate tutorial on this tech, so far I only found some really poor elaborated ones on youtube.

thanks
            06-16-2011, 07:45 AM
          Working...
          X