Question on cleaning: FS or Image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on cleaning: FS or Image?

I have seen number of well known retouchers clean one of two ways and was wondering is one way better then the other or just different way to same results.

1. Cleanup on a blank layer using healing brush.
    2. Clean up on HF layer using healing brush.

I have done both but it seems easier to visually see areas using the FS layer.

Re: Question on cleaning: FS or Image?

Assuming color (blotchy skin) isn't a big issue, I usually heal the major blemishes on a blank layer first, then set up the FS layers and deal with whatever remains.

Comment

Re: Question on cleaning: FS or Image?

You already have an answer in your question. First method cleaning the whole image,and second just HF.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• waffeliron
        Question...
        by waffeliron
        Hello I have a query for you folk....

Im working on a new picture and I have made a house out of sweets for a Hansel and Gretal picture, I have finished working on the house and it contails a LOT of layers including softlight 50% grey ones for D+B work (these dont like being merged)....
        07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
      • nah
        question about a technique
        by nah
        Well i used maskpro 4 and cuted out the picture so i added new solid layer on phothosop to it. The problem is i wanna change and modifiy the solid layer like do a burn tehnique or something else but when i do it then there appears again the squared pic (comes out ) i mean the one whithout backgroun...
        06-08-2008, 02:13 PM
      • jenjen
        Quick question, it's been awhile
        by jenjen
        Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for about a year and a half because i had another baby plus I found out I had cancer (which I am in remission now). Therefore I have forgotton alot of the methods and techniques I use to know. Not to mention that the chemo has made my memory a little bad. So anyway...
        09-24-2007, 11:09 PM
      • waffeliron
        Quick question :)
        by waffeliron
        Just a quicky.... how do you make an adjustment layer only affect the layer beneth it and not all of the layers underneath it? its probably really simple, who knows?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers!
        09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
      • mshi
        Question on the coloring here
        by mshi
        I was looking at these image, s and wondering how they achieved the coloring in post. I appreciate your thoughts.

Image1

Image2

Thank you.
        02-08-2012, 10:02 PM
      Working...
      X