Challenging edit fo rme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenging edit fo rme

I am pretty good with photoshop but having a hard time getting rid of this screen coming down out of the celing in this room. If the celing was solid it would be no problem, but since it is a wood slated roof it is just killing me. I have tried cloning and vanishing point but still can not get it to look clean.

Since this forum only allows for 100KB file upload I am providing a Google Drive link to a higher res if you want to try your luck on this image. Would love to know the steps you took if you succeed in making this look like the screen was never there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HO1...ew?usp=sharing

Many thanks,
    Houston

Re: Challenging edit fo rme

I would look for a wood floor background (might have to pay for one) that is like the ceiling wood, then use the Vanishing Point filter to lay that in. From there you could use a layer mask to expose the new wood where you want it while preserving light fixtures, molding, the projector, etc. You could adjust color so it pretty well matches the original wood. This should leave only a small area on the left to fill in by cloning or copy/pasting, and also the remaining screen below the ceiling (easy clone).

https://s7.postimg.org/6opszhrrt/vanish.jpg
    Last edited by Sabrina81; 04-04-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I doubt it's that easy, as you have to match the distance between the boards and account for it being slanted. I would clone bit by bit, adding some paths as guides.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
        I doubt it's that easy,
        I didn't say it was easy.

as you have to match the distance between the boards and account for it being slanted.
        That is precisely what the Vanishing Point filter is for.

I would clone bit by bit, adding some paths as guides.
        Try that approach and get back to us on how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina81 View Post
          I didn't say it was easy.

That is precisely what the Vanishing Point filter is for.

Try that approach and get back to us on how it went.
          Fine, go act like you're lord of the universe, see if I care. Try your approach and see how it goes. Girl bye.

Comment

I may be way off here in my approach, but I'll share anyway. I just colored in sections(attached) to show areas I'm referring to and no particular order necessarily.

Sec 1: I think you already could select and clone this easy enough. Probably a bit of D&B also as light falls off going right in image.

Sec 2: I wonder if you could stretch from area where word "stretch" is, into yellow area to help keep light gradient on the wood intact.

Sec 3: Maybe select/make new layer(s) from both sides just outside the green box. since left side you can see individual planks in light. And left it ends up a bit more fuzzy seeing each plank edge. Of course where the new sections meet in middle of green box would require masking & blending. I'd guess some clipped D&B too to keep lighting smooth.

Sec 4: Not sure but maybe D&B all this to minimize this reflections appearance of projector screen. Or try the stretching/blending from Section 2.

No matter what will take some time for sure. Hope it helps.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McCallister81 View Post
              I may be way off here in my approach, but I'll share anyway. I just colored in sections(attached) to show areas I'm referring to and no particular order necessarily.

Sec 1: I think you already could select and clone this easy enough. Probably a bit of D&B also as light falls off going right in image.

Sec 2: I wonder if you could stretch from area where word "stretch" is, into yellow area to help keep light gradient on the wood intact.
              I think this is a good approach. But instead of stretching the copied section, I used the Vanishing Point filter to align it with the adjacent boards. Then lots of cloning and painting to remove the bottom part of the screen and extend the molding along the top of the window.

https://s7.postimg.org/qxhd2x9e1/Screen-challenge.jpg

Comment

Vanishing point tools are definitely the right tool set for the majority of the heavy lifting (as Sabrina mentions). Combine that with other strategies and hard/careful work.

—shift studio.
                Last edited by shift studio; 04-09-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Box Score: Sabrina 10, Skoobey 0.

Comment

You guys should check what we are doing outside the forum... there is a reason for that. Anyhow. Vanishing filter looks like crap in low res portions as it's quite "choppy" but if she is sooo amazing, she could just do it for all to observe. That's all.

I hate when people give bad advice because anything goes. Well it ain't going by me.

Comment

Thanks for setting us straight Skoobey.

Comment

Skoobey -3 Sabrina 13

Comment