No announcement yet.

retouching and finishing photo

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • retouching and finishing photo


    I have alittle question , how can i finilize photos and retouching them to be like models and so , soft skin and atc.

  • #2
    Hello and welcome, Tulik:

    I am assuming you are using Photoshop.

    One way to soften an image is to duplicate the layer, apply a slight gaussian blur to the duplicated layer, create a layer mask for that layer, CTRL + I (to invert the layer mask) and with white as the foreground color, airbrush the layer mask to "soften" areas of skin as desired by revealing the blurred pixels.

    Hope this helps and makes sense.



    Related Topics


    • rnbluvva
      Tutorial For Porcelain Skin?
      by rnbluvva
      Does anyone know of a tutorial that would step me through how to get skin looking like this:

      Thanks for any help you can give....
      11-21-2004, 10:15 AM
    • sylvia1065
      layer mask
      by sylvia1065

      Is there a way to lower the opacity of the layer mask without affecting the layer it's attached too?

      I use layer masks a lot when I (don't) want some of the effect/filter to affect parts of the paintings, so I was wondering if it was possible to lower the opacity...
      11-26-2006, 12:45 PM
    • CKAJCA
      How to sort chicken skin
      by CKAJCA
      Hi folks
      I am new to this site and also relatively new to retouching in Photoshop. I have learnt a lot since I have been on here but am still struggling with this problem.

      I find it very difficult to know how to go about retouching the area under the arms. It is an area that often...
      01-30-2009, 05:31 AM
    • PhotoB
      Adding a star-filter
      by PhotoB
      I took some wedding photos this weekend and have a nice one of the unity candle lighting, but it's missing something... is there a way to fake-in a star filter effect to it? Tutorial appreciated. Thanks!
      10-19-2005, 08:51 AM
    • trvlnmn
      Change layer to graphics layer?
      by trvlnmn
      I'm a newbie and this is my first attempt at a post.

      In Elements is it possible to change a layer into a graphics layer? In Photoshop it is accomplished in the layer menu>type >render layer. I want to vary the transparency of each letter of a word by 10 %, for example, without...
      03-08-2004, 10:03 PM