No announcement yet.

retouching and finishing photo

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DannyRaphael
    Hello and welcome, Tulik:

    I am assuming you are using Photoshop.

    One way to soften an image is to duplicate the layer, apply a slight gaussian blur to the duplicated layer, create a layer mask for that layer, CTRL + I (to invert the layer mask) and with white as the foreground color, airbrush the layer mask to "soften" areas of skin as desired by revealing the blurred pixels.

    Hope this helps and makes sense.


    Leave a comment:

  • tulik
    started a topic retouching and finishing photo

    retouching and finishing photo


    I have alittle question , how can i finilize photos and retouching them to be like models and so , soft skin and atc.

Related Topics


  • rnbluvva
    Tutorial For Porcelain Skin?
    by rnbluvva
    Does anyone know of a tutorial that would step me through how to get skin looking like this:

    Thanks for any help you can give....
    11-21-2004, 10:15 AM
  • sylvia1065
    layer mask
    by sylvia1065

    Is there a way to lower the opacity of the layer mask without affecting the layer it's attached too?

    I use layer masks a lot when I (don't) want some of the effect/filter to affect parts of the paintings, so I was wondering if it was possible to lower the opacity...
    11-26-2006, 12:45 PM
    How to sort chicken skin
    by CKAJCA
    Hi folks
    I am new to this site and also relatively new to retouching in Photoshop. I have learnt a lot since I have been on here but am still struggling with this problem.

    I find it very difficult to know how to go about retouching the area under the arms. It is an area that often...
    01-30-2009, 05:31 AM
  • PhotoB
    Adding a star-filter
    by PhotoB
    I took some wedding photos this weekend and have a nice one of the unity candle lighting, but it's missing something... is there a way to fake-in a star filter effect to it? Tutorial appreciated. Thanks!
    10-19-2005, 08:51 AM
  • trvlnmn
    Change layer to graphics layer?
    by trvlnmn
    I'm a newbie and this is my first attempt at a post.

    In Elements is it possible to change a layer into a graphics layer? In Photoshop it is accomplished in the layer menu>type >render layer. I want to vary the transparency of each letter of a word by 10 %, for example, without...
    03-08-2004, 10:03 PM