Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting out model from background, advice please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting out model from background, advice please?

Hello everyone.

I am hoping for some advice on a technique to cut out this model from background for a colour change. I have always struggled to do this and would really love to learn how to do it well. Any advice would be much appreciated

Image below:

https://preview.ibb.co/caTVDy/Alaiza0934.jpg

Since the edges are all sharp, the Quick Select tool plus Refine Edge works well. (To learn many masking techniques, study Katrin Eismann's book Photoshop Masking & Compositing (2nd Edition)

colorize.jpg
    Last edited by Sabrina81; 05-13-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

image_96578.jpg So many ways to do it. One of those is Sabrina's way. Try several and use whatever suits you, I just put the Bg below the models face and used layer mask to brush away the light brown bg of the photo. using a sharp brush and blurred the mask a bit. This may not be ideal for some but I got used to it eversince I started using Photoshop.

Comment

I often use the pen tool to make a selection, then mask it off and switch to a brush to further refine the mask. Sometimes I just use a brush, really just depends on the image and what I feel like using.

Comment

Select any selection tool in PS, click "Select and Mask" on the top menu, then click "select object", some minor refinement might be required. Photoshop CC is required, latest update. total time is under 3 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X