Dream came true.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream came true.

As a kid growing up in the 60's and 70's, my all time photographic hero's were David Bailey and Barry Lategan... Many years later, I shared a studio with Barry, and got to know him very well. And was honoured to retouch some of his work.

A few years later, I had a cal from David Bailey, he wanted me to retouch an image of his wife. I had to go take the brief at his London home! It really was a dream come true, below is the image together with a newspaper article the followed!

41272810465_3cf21b9ab0_h.jpg

Nice! And what a beautiful photograph!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• KenB
      Powerful Images
      by KenB
      I'm quite sure most everyone here understands how powerful an image can be. I thought it might be interesting to know about images anyone has seen that truly touched them, changed their mind about an issue, made them cry, made them laugh.. etc.
      Mine is attached, this one completley changed my...
      09-16-2002, 07:37 PM
    • CJ Swartz
      We all know it -- photographs are treasures
      by CJ Swartz
      My brother died last Sunday. (Aug. 31st, 2008)

His diagnosis of myeloma cancer had been a shock, although he and I knew his weight loss might be due to some form of cancer, but his downhill dive while in the hospital (pneumonia and other infections) surprised him and all of us. He was (only)...
      09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
    • winwintoo
      Work your magic on Sly
      by winwintoo
      It was 3 a.m. and Sylvester was hard at work as usual, but it was raining and he was outside the patio door, hence the rain spots on the image - can you clean it up?

A bit of background. Sly is about 15 years old and about 3 years ago he developed glaucoma in both eyes - several vets...
      10-09-2004, 08:33 AM
    • lkroll
      Incredible kite flying.
      by lkroll
      Got this one in an email; just too fantastic to not share so I share with you all.

The man flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt...
      03-30-2017, 06:50 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      The Gathering Storm
      by Doug Nelson
      As a relatively apolitical American, my knowledge of Winston Churchill is limited to a few soundbites and anecdotes. As such, I have no way of knowing how true The Gathering Storm is...but I hope it's very true.

The movie, a made for HBO film (but should be available to rent soon), opens...
      05-05-2002, 11:23 PM
    Working...
    X