Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching tones, light and shadow

Hello, I am looking for advice and tips for this process in retouching

Basically, I have been retouching beauty sets recently rather than a single beauty image

I am really struggling to match tones, light and shadow

I find it difficult because of the pose changes which makes the light, shadow and tone change in the image

How is it possible to match them? obviously because the the light and shadow is different for different image, how is it possible to match it and how exact do they need to be matched?

Any advice and process tips would be really appreciated.

I have just finished these two images and I am stressed out a little because the light and tones do not match to me, https://image.ibb.co/k3LnbT/Untitled.png Am I being too picky? please let me know your opinions.

Huge Thank you!!

You might be too picky. They look fine to me. You already said it: "I find it difficult because of the pose changes which makes the light, shadow and tone change in the image" Of course all that happens. Unless your client wants you to change things I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the color is uniform in all the images of a set under the same lighting.
    Walk away from the images for a while and then go back to them and have another look. You might have a better perspective after stepping away.

Comment

I'll be more concerned with the light hot spots on her face. I agree with Wolfman on his assessment.

Comment

They are awesome, you're probably being too picky. I have no advice, it's hard as you mentioned, just maybe to charge more if you can tell a job will take you too long

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• neilwalton
          Need help blending.
          by neilwalton
          Hi there, I need some help blending a person in to a background to make it more realistic, any ideas??...
          01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
        • retouch26
          what is wrong with this image
          by retouch26
          Hello folks at retouch pro
          Here are two images shot in studio. If you notice to the left in their hair the pixels don’t look clear its looking dirty. You can see the similar dirty looks in other shadow areas like neck. When I process the image increasing the exposure slider in camera raw the...
          04-17-2015, 11:19 PM
        • CKAJCA
          Help with creating shadow
          by CKAJCA
          I am making a composite night time street image in which I am trying to place this couple. The light source is coming from behind and to the left of the couple. Approx in the top left corner of the image I have attached. I have tried using a drop shadow and transforming it and also tried making a shadow...
          08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
        • Canna W
          Main subject floating because shadow not right.
          by Canna W
          A lot of shadows in the attached montage are wrong, but I'm not worried about most of them. The thing that really bugs me is that the main subject - the baby in the container - looks as though it is floating. I find this happens to me all the time. I have 'floating' subjects.

I would...
          02-11-2009, 12:39 PM
        • mcdronkz
          Simulating candle light
          by mcdronkz
          This shot was lit with a single strobe, but I figured it would be nicer to make it look like it was lit with a candle light.

However, it seems a bit harder than I imagined it to be. The shadows on the faces of the parents are not that hard to figure out, but the rest is...
          12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
        Working...
        X