Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to "Smart Liquify"?

Hello, everyone!

I research a lot before creating this topic, does anyone know how to use this technique?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW0ehGHi9Vs

It's included on Conny Wallström's Retouching Toolkit as "Smart Liquify". I'm really curious how he achives it.

Is it possible to convert layers to Smart Objects, and update the Liquify file with adjustments made after it was created?

Thanks in advance.

It's a new feature in Photoshop CC. You can't "smart liquify" in earlier versions (like CS6).

Comment

I guess it's not a feature, it's an add on developed by Conny Wallstrom. I would like to know if anyone can explaing the "thought behind it".

Comment

Originally posted by bruno_sfc View Post
        I guess it's not a feature, it's an add on developed by Conny Wallstrom.
        It is a feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUe1s1vV0xs

I would like to know if anyone can explaing the "thought behind it".
        The thought behind it is that after using the liquify filter, you can reopen it and make further adjustments. It's the same idea of all smart filters: It allows nondestructive edits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina81 View Post
          It is a feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUe1s1vV0xs

The thought behind it is that after using the liquify filter, you can reopen it and make further adjustments. It's the same idea of all smart filters: It allows nondestructive edits.
          I'm sorry, I have to disagree… the Conny Wallstrom add on (now avaiable in the Retouching Toolkit) gives you the possibility of making adjustments in the layers bellow and update the liquify Smart Object after. Please watch this video carefuly: https://youtu.be/-yKDUBfDkx8?t=5m42s

Comment

Originally posted by bruno_sfc View Post

I'm sorry, I have to disagree… the Conny Wallstrom add on (now avaiable in the Retouching Toolkit) gives you the possibility of making adjustments in the layers bellow and update the liquify Smart Object after. Please watch this video carefuly: https://youtu.be/-yKDUBfDkx8?t=5m42s
            Thanks, but I don't need to watch your video. Smart liquify IS a new feature in Photoshop CC. I am well aware that Conny Wallstrom created some add on that expands smart liquify, and good for Conny. But the fact is that smart liquify WAS a Photoshop feature before Conny got into the act. And I'm really not interested in debating this issue with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina81 View Post

Thanks, but I don't need to watch your video. Smart liquify IS a new feature in Photoshop CC. I am well aware that Conny Wallstrom created some add on that expands smart liquify, and good for Conny. But the fact is that smart liquify WAS a Photoshop feature before Conny got into the act. And I'm really not interested in debating this issue with you.
              I just can't find a way to use the a "Smart Liquify" featured in Photoshop CC. The video you shared only showcase how to use the Liquify and Blur with Smart Objects, which I already know. Can you please explain me how to use in the way I explained? I tried everything and nothing seems to work. Thank you.

Comment