Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading sloppy handwriting part 2

Collapse
widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading sloppy handwriting part 2

Hi! Anyone able to help me read this? It says something and then "At his house". Thanks!

Hi
    You really need a high resolution scan at 48 bits (16bits per channel) to give you as much information as possible before starting. I would try anything that improves the contrast between the lettering and the background - looking at the channels to see if that gives you any information. If you haven't already done so try any adjustments that increase the contrast between the lettering; background and undesirable coloured areas - eg brightness contrast; curves; levels - its a case of experimentation with this one …. and dodging and burning to try and highlight the information. This is tricky as the lettering while distinct from most of the background is also obscured by a coloured area that is similar in colour to the lettering you are trying to identify …. I have had something similar with an old document I have been working on. Another thing you could try is the colour devolution filter that you can get from the 4N6site.com for a very reasonable small donation. Have a look at the site first and see what you think - sometimes this works well - but its very much dependent on what you feed in and whether you can highlight the colour differences between the text; colour you want removed and the background colour - because at the moment they are very similar. See: www.4N6site.com
    Last edited by JoReam; 01-29-2019, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X