No announcement yet.

Analog style

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• G Deezy
    Get the Amateur look out!
    by G Deezy
    Hello there, just seeing if someone can help me or guide me into the direction of getting rid of the "amateur" photo look from my digital pictures. I am trying to get that magazine ad look but I can't seem to do it without the changes looking too drastic. Is there a simple process that makes...
    07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
  • benlpu
    how can i get this look ????
    by benlpu
    hello everyone

need some help:

can you tell me how to get this "look" like in these photos ?

http://emanueleferrari.photography/etamspring2016

i tried with curves but it doesn´t work ):

some ideas ?
    05-25-2016, 04:45 PM
  • D ROCK898
    Achieving This Look? HELP!!!
    by D ROCK898
    Alright, here is the deal. I just had my senior pictures taken and to save a little bit of money, I told my mom that I would be able to edit them. I come to find out that it's harder than I thought. I'm pretty new to retouching pictures because I'm more of a graphic artist so, I don't have much skill...
    08-07-2008, 02:26 PM
  • Donamai
    Getting pictures on a floppy disk.. Needing your Help!!
    by Donamai
    Hello you guys!!!

This may sound like something that a photo retoucher shouldn't be wondering about, and it's true I am not a photo retoucher, I am just a simple guy who is trying to be one.

But just to start, I have no idea how everything works in this field so I...
    12-24-2002, 01:56 AM
  • MaKsOZ
    How to get this vintage look ?
    by MaKsOZ
    I really love the tones on thoses pictures, any idea how to achieve this in Camera RAW / Photoshop ?

Thanks

08-27-2012, 06:36 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog style

Hello guys,
    Can someone help me about this :
    How to get that analog style,natural,film look on pictures?
    Alot people ask me can i do that for them.
    I try something with curves but i didnt get what i want...

Thank you so much!!!!

Last edited by Mark33; 08-20-2019, 02:19 AM.

Action 1: Selecting the Right Image

There are several types of photography that work well with the "film" look. Nonetheless, it is necessary to select the appropriate photo if you want the most effective result. Some images are merely more probable to respond well to this filter than others. For example, you need to typically look for images that have:
    1. A sense of feeling in them
    2. An affordable spread of mid-tones, highlights, and darkness
    3. Plenty of colors or aesthetic deepness

Attempt to prevent any washed-out images, as it can be challenging to readjust them to a "film" appearance without losing the charm of the image.

Action 2: Playing with Clearness

Once you have actually chosen a photo that seems best for a film look, open Lightroom. There are lots of wonderful sliders and filters on Lightroom that can assist you to change the feel and also the nature of your pictures.

When you're making images look like film, your objective will be to resemble the characteristics of older movie video cameras. These electronic cameras had lenses that were much less sharp and also had fewer problems with fringing as well as flares. This suggests that it deserves beginning by taking the quality of your picture down very a little to duplicate that effect.

Beginning slowly as well as change the clarity only a fragment at once, till you start to obtain the image that is ideal for your profile.

Action 3: Deal With the Tonal Curves

There are various attributes that make old film pictures so distinct. One of the most widely known is the faded shadows as well as highlights existing in older photos. Thankfully, it's easy to recreate this search in your Lightroom applications.

Utilize the tone contours to draw the black or dark tones in your pictures up while offering your whites an extra discolored as well as a vintage look. By the time you're completed having fun with the tone, your pictures will look a lot closer to film.

Action 4: Embrace the HSL Panel

Have you ever before discovered those old film video cameras made use of to leave an almost gold tone on images? If you would like to know just how to make images resemble movies, after that you require to recreate the ideal shades utilizing your HSL panel. The HSL panel (Shade, Saturation, as well as Luminance) is one of the best shade adjustment alternatives in Lightroom, and also it's a huge component of making your pictures resemble they came right from a movie cam. There's no ideal degree of modification right here, as it will depend upon the sort of picture you want to create. Some individuals might also choose to go totally black and white.

Merely begin by changing the hue to heat up your pictures a little and also see what happens. Slide your luminosity down a little in particular areas, and see to it that you have plenty of saturation in colors like yellow and also orange if you desire a vignette impact.

Action 5: Use the Video Camera Calibration Panel

Lots of photographers feel a little daunted by the video camera calibration panel, yet it's not as challenging to deal with as it seems. It's a lot like your standard HSL panel; the only distinction is that you're not collaborating with a range of shades. Instead, you have actually just obtained your 3 primary colors to deal with. Tweaking those shades slightly can help to provide your photos the rich as well as warm film-like feeling you're looking for.
    Step 6: Include Some Grain

Lastly, among the most crucial points to remember when you're finding out just how to make photos resemble movie in Lightroom is that old images were rarely excellent. We really did not have actually the tools called for to obscure and readjust those pictures at that time, so you're sure to have had some grain.

If you intend to make certain that your images look as sensible as feasible, include a little grain back into each photo. Take care not to discuss the top here!

Comment

Working...
    X