Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adobe camera raw question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • adobe camera raw question

    I was editing an image and was using the adjustment brush, but later wanted to use the same exact mask and such from it but could not figure out how to duplicate the pin. Is there no way to do so? Is the only option really to repaint the whole thing again? Just thought I'd ask in case someone here did know about it.

  • #2
    I suspect that in ACR you'd need to repaint. In Lightroom you'd have a history to refer to.

    Depending on your workflow (ie: carefully working on layers, using smartobjects, etc.) you might be able to step back in your editing and copy it to the clipboard, then reload the current version and paste.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Doug Nelson View Post
      I suspect that in ACR you'd need to repaint. In Lightroom you'd have a history to refer to.

      Depending on your workflow (ie: carefully working on layers, using smartobjects, etc.) you might be able to step back in your editing and copy it to the clipboard, then reload the current version and paste.
      thanks for that clarification. I dont think ACR allows for anything to be copied to the clipboard. I mean u could probably copay a local adjustment in the develop settings outside of acr and then past that into another image then copy that and paste it back into the first one ( which is the one your trying to copy the acr ) but it seems like the pins would be overlapping and there's no way of moving the pin....is there?

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi voidsource
        You might want to check out this link: https://industrydev.com/how-to-copy-...edit-settings/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by John Wheeler View Post
          Hi voidsource
          You might want to check out this link: https://industrydev.com/how-to-copy-...edit-settings/
          thanks for sharing the link, i am aware how to copy them over ( though did not know about the kb shortcut ) via right click develop settings>copy/paste settings, However what i am trying to achieve is copying an adjustment brush (within the image. For mask purposes mainly ) and paste the pin at a different point without changing the masking so that i can later be able to select either pin and make adjustments accordingly without having to repaint the mask. Again, all within the same image. Image attached below for a more clarification.
          FYI i am using ACR 6.0 if that matters at all.

          misc.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the clarification voidsource. that is a bit different. I believe to duplicate the pin (with existing settings) just hold down the Opt and Cmd key while dragging the pin (Cntl + Alt on PC). Give that a go and see if that does what you want.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by John Wheeler View Post
              Thanks for the clarification voidsource. that is a bit different. I believe to duplicate the pin (with existing settings) just hold down the Opt and Cmd key while dragging the pin (Cntl + Alt on PC). Give that a go and see if that does what you want.
              yes i have heard of that but I think that is something in the newer version(s) of acr, i am using version 6.7( just updated the ACR a few mins ago ) and so when i press alt, I will eventually end up activating the "erase" feature. I think the latest version is like version 12.XX. So i was just wondering if it was possible in earlier versions. The only other way im currently thinking of is opening up the xmp file, copying the makes and pin settings and then modifying the pin settings then importing the xmp again into the image in ACR.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry voidsource. I should have checked the compatible version of PS what works with ACR 6.0 to 6.7. That is only OS CS5. I no longer have access to that version of PS nor am running an OS that supports CS5 so am unable to help you. Maybe another forum does still have an old OS and old version of CS5 to check into options yet after Photoshop moves on to newer versions, so do the pool of potential people to help. The number of folks that are around to help with problems on such a old version of Photoshop are far and few between. Best wishes in finding a solution to your desired feature.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John Wheeler View Post
                  Sorry voidsource. I should have checked the compatible version of PS what works with ACR 6.0 to 6.7. That is only OS CS5. I no longer have access to that version of PS nor am running an OS that supports CS5 so am unable to help you. Maybe another forum does still have an old OS and old version of CS5 to check into options yet after Photoshop moves on to newer versions, so do the pool of potential people to help. The number of folks that are around to help with problems on such a old version of Photoshop are far and few between. Best wishes in finding a solution to your desired feature.
                  No worries mate. I've already been able to export the xmp file off of the image, and there seems to be an import. I will touch up on that later. Xmp files are text editable so i will tweak one setting just to see if the import is succesful and upon that I can simply just copy and paste the mask and change its pin location ( on the copy ).

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  • Doug Nelson
                    OEM Raw Converters vs. Adobe Camera Raw
                    by Doug Nelson
                    One of the surprises I've had while experimenting with my new Nikon D7000 is how much better the Nikon software is at converting the NEF files than Adobe Camera Raw. I'm only using the freebie View NX software, but there was a marked difference in grain and moire between the two. A bit of googling shows...
                    12-10-2010, 08:11 AM
                  • mantra
                    is there a way to downgrade camera raw?
                    by mantra
                    Hi

                    is there a way to downgrade camera raw?

                    i update cc camera raw to 9.1 , when i move the sliders (for example exposure) i got an excessive consumption , my cpu rires to 80% or 100%
                    just move the exposure sliders faster and check your cpu , i use process hacker...
                    06-17-2015, 10:37 AM
                  • DJSoulglo
                    Question (P65+ related)
                    by DJSoulglo
                    Hey Guys,

                    I have a very specific question that has come up this week. We got a nice retouching job in, which shot on a P65+ back and I'm guessing a H3d. Now obviously the 60 megapixel image is nice, but the issue is that when you import the RAW file into photoshop/lightroom there's an...
                    08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
                  • Chennae
                    RAW files
                    by Chennae
                    Hey, my name's Chennae and I'm new This is my first post and I was wondering if y'all could help me out. I love retouching, but I have absolutely no idea about RAW files. What it is, how to use it... no idea. I downloaded a RAW file the other day and tried to open it in photoshop (cs4) but it wouldn't...
                    06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
                  • vickatter
                    Camera Raw 5.7
                    by vickatter
                    Hey!
                    I have a doubt... actually is kind of a problem.
                    I usually get the pics that I have to retouch in raw or dng and I open them on camera raw first. It seems that a while back I had to do a web re-size so on the camera raw dialog box I went to the little link below to change size and...
                    06-17-2011, 06:08 AM
                  Working...
                  X