Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interference

Hey there, I'm new here, so first of all I'd like to say HELLO to every member of this forum! Ok, so I got - well, I'm just thinking about it for now - a job restoring some photo scans from old magazines, sounds kind of easy, nothing fancy. They're just simple b&w halftone photos and would be a piece of cake de-screening them using FFT or Sattva, but the problem is that this is all they have! They can't re-scan anything since they don't have the originals, so we're stuck with these! This is actually what I'd have to work with, and - as you'll see in the examples - the worst part is that they have something I'd call a halftone or moire "interference" pattern. Now, here's the question: is there ANY way to get rid of this kind of pattern? Some of the photos are kind of better, some of them are even worse! Thanks in advance guys! Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a solution yet. Poljakov
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Try going to this link, one of the members posted a photoshop action that is what your looking for.

Hope it helps

. https://www.retouchpro.com/search?q=...pression%22%7D

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• topaz
      Removing a Pattern
      by topaz
      I have cleaned and repaired old papers and documents (cloth erasers are great for cleaning them while treating them gently and avoiding damaging ink, and I'm sure we all know about storing them in acid free boxes and keeping them away from light) but not photos. I have 3 oversize signed and numbered...
      01-16-2010, 01:31 AM
    • Eigil Skovgaard
      Repeated pattern from cloning
      by Eigil Skovgaard
      "The Garbage Wizard found 13 incidents of 1 repeated pattern in your image - do you want the wizard to randomize the 12 of them?"

- or something like that.

Is anybody aware of the existense of such a great software that can scan an image and mark every repetition,...
      12-22-2015, 12:22 PM
    • chickenbird
      Storage for 3x3 Photos
      by chickenbird
      I hope this is the correct forum for a storage question.

I need to find a place either in the real world or online where one can purchase acid-free photo albums that have the right size and shape pockets for those old 3x3 pictures.

I have a ton of them that I found in the...
      03-31-2007, 11:34 AM
    • grafx
      A bit of a business question
      by grafx
      Ok in a nutshell I need to know if I handled something properly:
      I have client that has a very large clientele base and shoots many photos which I then retouch. The money is good, but it can be stressful at times. In the last 3-4 months my client has been getting rather bad at paying on time...
      07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
    • xgi93
      Just joined up
      by xgi93
      Hello to everyone; I have been a hobbyist with intermediate-level skills in retouching for about 2 years now. I discovered this website when I came across a description of it in my copy of PSE 11 "missing manual". Wish I'd noticed that short blurb back when I first bought the book. I hope...
      07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
    Working...
    X