Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to smooth rough texture on photo of candy

Hi gang,

I'm trying to figure a way to smooth out the rough texture on a closeup shot of a piece of candy. One of those fruit "gel" snacks.
    To the eye normally they look pretty smooth. But a close up shot with directional lighting reveals more texture and the client would like it much smoother as it will be blown up large for a wall composite mural.
    Here is a reduced size sample from a Nikon D850 shot. The original file is 6738 x 4449 pixels. This sample is 3600px on long side.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mkugy8175d...374-2.tif?dl=0

I know there is a way to make the top look much smoother. I've tried Surface blur and Gausian. Attempted to do something similar to Frequency Separation like you fo for skin - but I am not getting it where I want - without it just looking like I totally blurred the top of the product.
    Any ideas on how to proceed will be appreciated!
    Last edited by jep50; 05-26-2021, 09:42 AM. Reason: clarification

Related Topics

Collapse

• anderson234
    frequency separation blur number?
    by anderson234
    Hi,
    I've been thinking about FS blur number for a long time, for now my understanding is that, before blur, I should zoom in enough to make sure small texture,i.e. pores, be blurred and larger texture not blurred. That means,FS not only separates texture from color and tone, but also separates...
    11-20-2017, 02:43 AM
  • Caravaggio
    preserving wall texture
    by Caravaggio
    For this photo of a wall I had to extend the wall to the right while preserving wall texture. The photo is very high res so the difference in wall texture shows and I have lost the texture although you probably can't tell in the low res attachments. I basically copied and pasted parts of the wall that...
    01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
  • tarilynquinn
    UGH! Freq. separation coming out blurry on texture
    by tarilynquinn
    am i stupid? my frequency texture workflow is resulting in blurry skin texture.

what are the proper steps to do frequency separation? i think i might be skipping something.

1. 2 layers - high low
    2. blur low at around 10ish? (same as you would use in high pass filter)...
    12-13-2010, 11:04 AM
  • psoiree
    Replacing skin texture or... ?
    by psoiree
    Hello Ladies and Gents!

It's my first post on this forum because for the last couple of years I thought my retouching techniques suits me well but then I took this photo and the nightmare has started. The picture below shows the skin condition AFTER the healing brush and frequency separation...
    06-17-2016, 12:26 PM
  • Quantum3
    HP-LP Split Technique
    by Quantum3
    Hi guys and gals,

I'm understanding pretty much the split frecuencies technique but I'm always wondering how much blur should I apply to the LP layer. I have red that it should be blured as much as the Dgrunge dissapears but actually, I dinf that smaller radius works better. However,...
    12-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Working...
X