No announcement yet.

Photo Emulsion Edge Frame Effect

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Photo Emulsion Edge Frame Effect

    I own Photo/Graphic Edge Effects 6.0 from AutoFx. Great product, IMHO.

    Some have pointed out that many of the frame and edge effects can be done in PS. I agree, many can. Some would require a lot of work. But a few are quite easy.

    One effect that ir rather easy to do is to add an acid or emulsion edge effect. You know, it looks like a print where the emulsion has worn away or been scratched away or someone was drawing quickly and did not end up with nice linear edges.

    So, I added a tip to my site this week that shows you step-by-step how to add that sort of effect to you photos. It takes just 5 or 10 minutes to do (and since there is such a bewildering array of such edges in PGE 6.0 to choose from, you can probably do it yourself as fast or faster).




  • #2
    Thanks for the tutorial Mitch. I've played around with some edge/framing programs and many of them just not applicable to the real world. IMHO.

    I'd like to be able to fake ripped photographic paper. If you ever peak into a skate boarding magazine they the editors/photogrers layout the photos in amazing ways.

    Good Times,


    • #3
      Scott Kelby shows how to do the torn paper effect in one of his books.




      Related Topics


      • ahutton
        Torn Paper Edge Effect?
        by ahutton
        I'm working on compiling my collection of photos from 58 years into an online scrapbook. I've created a nice set of vintage looking seamless tiled backgrounds. But I need to figure out how to make a torn-paper edge. Anyone have an idea?

        02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
      • David Graham
        Object with pixel disintergation effect
        by David Graham
        Does anyone knows if there is a way to do an effect were part of
        an object is disintegrating as though pixels were falling / scattering off
        it. Is there a plugin etc?

        04-10-2012, 03:05 AM
      • T Paul
        Torn Paper Edges
        by T Paul
        There are so many ways to create this effect. So I thought I start a thread here and let everyone share their favorite! If possible please include a picture example of the results of your technique.

        03-29-2004, 12:16 PM
      • shumicpi
        How to get such photo effect?
        by shumicpi
        I am just amazed by the following shot! But I am wondering how to have such effect? Is it in camera or editing has been applied after taking the shot?

        Sorry for the low resolution image as they are not allowing file more than 100KB....
        05-02-2016, 04:16 AM
      • Miss Liz
        how to get this effect
        by Miss Liz
        I've seen this effect in other photos, but I couldn't find them...BUT I was able to find this one picture with the same effect, and I was wondering if any of you know how to do this.

        Sorry the picture is so small I couldn't find a bigger size of the same effect on a photo. Hope you can...
        04-08-2009, 03:18 PM