Coloring shiny metall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloring shiny metall

I´m trying to make a shiny metallic surface look like it was painted with a matte color.

I´m trying to do this with a color in a layer with soft light mode. But this only makes the surface look even more shiny. I want the surface have the same structure. Have tried all the blendingmodes at 100% but none works. The closest i´we come are with a colored layer in the mode darken at 60% opacity and another same color layer in multiply at 60%.

How would you change the color of a silvermetallic car into a matte crimson color?

Anyone got a tip on how to do this?

metallic to matte

Well you could copy the background layer and use the Hue Sat Adjustment layer to change the color. You would select the area that needs changing and apply the hue to it to taste. To matte the color you could try the median blur filter or the gblur. You would need to tone down the specular highlights and spread the higher toned areas over a larger area.

Why don't you post the image and then you could get more specific help.

Comment

Ok

Ok, this is what im going for. But I don´t think it looks good enough.
      Attached Files

Comment

Crimson Plate

Well the plate looks more brown than crimson. You did tone it down some and made it more matte like. So at any rate you select the plate; copy the plate to another layer to work on it. You can change its color by using a Hue Saturation adjustment layer with colorize option clicked. You can copy that layer and try a few filters like brush strokes/cross hatch and try a few blurs.

I put a little more red in the picture, but I think you can get what you want with fiddling. Good luck.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CascoGraFX
          Time to change shirts.
          by CascoGraFX
          What is the best way to change the color of a shirt? I have selected the shirt with rhe magic wand but am not sure of how the change the color from a pale, washed-out denim to a deep maroon withou losing detail (buttons, creases, collar, etc. Is Image>Adjustments>Replace Color the way to go? Thanks,...
          01-05-2005, 08:21 AM
        • dipech
          More on discoloration....
          by dipech
          Here is another photo with a discoloration problem that I am still rather stuck with at the moment. This is about the best I've gotten it, but the man's face still seems too pink too me and the color balance sliders don't seem to be getting me anywhere. Do others agree? Any suggestions? I'll post the...
          09-18-2003, 02:09 PM
        • Doug Nelson
          Stupid adjustment layer tricks
          by Doug Nelson
          Don't ask me why I think of these things, I simply can't not think of them. But I got to wondering, what combination of adjustment layers would desaturate an entire image except for a single selected color (or range of color)?

A Hue/Sat adjustment layer can be set to desaturate just reds,...
          08-28-2005, 05:02 PM
        • CincoJoe
          B&W with one additional color
          by CincoJoe
          I want to take a BW photo of my son and color only his eyes. I have seen this done before but have no clue on how do it in Photoshop. I'm still novice at this stuff so bare with me....
          11-22-2003, 08:53 AM
        • petersweden
          Color matching subject/background
          by petersweden
          Hi

Any ideas on how to improve this composite? Especially when it comes to color matching model with background? (which I find really hard)

Thanks...
          09-17-2016, 07:37 AM
        Working...
        X