No announcement yet.

From camera to computer in real time???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From camera to computer in real time???

Does anyone do this? If so how?

This question was posed on a Mac forum that I frequent and nobody there had a good answer.

The questioner would like to be able to beam images immediately from his camera to his laptop while on photo shoots so that a decision can be made immediately whether to keep the shot or reshoot it.

I know there are probably very expensive options available, but I think this fellow is looking for something in the economy line.

Even if you don't have a Mac solution, I'd be interested in hearing about it. VirtualPC runs very nicely on our Macs these days so WinXP software might solve the problem.

Take care, Margaret

What brand of camera?

I have a Canon 1Ds and it came with the software (but I had to buy the cable) to do this, they call it "remote capture".

I think that Nikon has a wireless thingee that goes on the camera and the computer, not sure as I am do not use Nikon and not really interested in wireless.

Hope this helps

Mike

Comment

My wife used to work at one of those slap-dash department store photo studios and they use a traditional film camera that was coupled with a video camera connected to a monitor. This was years ago an it's probably done more efficiently now.

Comment

I've also heard of bluetooth wireless camera to computer interfaces.

Comment

Thanks for the responses - as the day goes on, it has been revealed, that he really doesn't know much about either computers or cameras, so any real help would fall on deaf ears.

The whole idea is intriguing though and I just might have to put something like that on my wish list.

Take care, Margaret

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• COLONELFLAG
            Quirky USB connection
            by COLONELFLAG
            I bought my first digital camera last month, a Canon G-2 So far I have been extremly happy with the results from the camera even tho it is not the 35mm SLR form that I am used to. Eventually i will have to upgrade to something like the D-60 or its equivalent.

However I...
            12-11-2002, 06:31 AM
          • CJ Swartz
            Have you seen this camera strap?
            by CJ Swartz
            Got my daily tip from Photojojo.com, and thought it was worth sharing here. They have a link to the vendor, but also links to DIY tips on making one for yourself. (so it's not just a sales pitch.)

"...The smart bit is the little slider attachment that allows you to glide the camera
            10-10-2008, 01:25 AM
          • Doug Nelson
            Best computer/camera interface
            by Doug Nelson
            I'm looking for recommendations for cameras with great PRE-exposure interfacing with the computer. So the computer tells the camera what to do, not the camera simply reporting what it did. I'd like to completly bend the camera's will to my own. If I want 7 exposures 3.2 seconds apart and ascending through...
            11-17-2007, 03:53 AM
          • pepperphoto
            Camera speed inquiry
            by pepperphoto
            Hello All,
            Yesterday I received this request through my wife from a colleaque of hers.
            They want a recommendation for a "good" Point and Shoot digital camera for snapshots of their kids.
            They are looking for a fast camera to capture active kids, they do not mean ISO fast;...
            05-10-2006, 04:07 PM
          • kristeno
            CHEAP Camera sites
            by kristeno
            I am sure many of you have some favorite sites or places you purchase your cameras and camera accessories from. Will you please share your most cost effective sellers as I am really looking to get a Digital SLR. I am not apposed to buying a used one to learn on or see if this is something I want to...
            02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
          Working...
          X