Leica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leica

anyone take a look at the new Leica D-LUX 3.

10 mpxl, Image stabalizer....what i like most is it shoots RAW. $600

not bad.

Pnanasonic makes a model very similar to it, i think it's the LUMIX LX-2 for $500.

Just curious what ppl think about the new Leica model.

Re: Leica

I've always admired Leica (probably as most do). But $100 is a lot to pay for a red circle. Unless I missed something in the specifications that makes up for the difference?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

The Panasonic version is an interesting piece. The camera is designed by Leica but uses no Leica glass in the lens and Leica does not provide the electronics.

We have tested these 2 cameras in our shop, shooting the exact same subject under identical lighting using the same settings and the Panasonic could not stand up to the Leica. Compared to the Leica, the panasonic image was not as sharp and the color was way off.

Leica glass is amazing and is well worth paying an extra 20% on the price. Pluss the Leica comes with Photoshop Elements.

Alan

Comment

I have the Panasonic DMC FZ20. It has a Leica lens. It is my in-between camera. I am using it to earn the money to get a dSLR (thinking Canon 30D?).

I love my Panasonic, it was worth the money for sure. I have begun to feel it's limitations, however. It is certinaly no dSLR. But it's great for what it is.

Dawn

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• yuppicide
          Tele question..
          by yuppicide
          I have the Canon S2 IS. It has 12x optical zoom. I want get a 1.5, 2, or even 3x tele lens.

So let's say I get the 2x.. does that mean I'll have 12x optical x 2 = 24x or would I have 12x + 12x2 = 36x?!
          09-08-2005, 11:21 PM
        • gpumar
          Digital Camera for a job or for fun
          by gpumar
          I'd like to buy a camera for a job (portrait and animals) at affordable price (which is part of the main subject) but with the capability to get professional results (manual settings)

Canon ESO Rebel XS which is about $400 doesn't look bad. but am I buying the right one ?
          05-26-2010, 08:05 AM
        • sharynideas
          A couple of Nikon Questions
          by sharynideas
          I'm thinking of getting a refurbished Nikon DSLR. Probably a 3000. I'm under no illusions that I will ever become professional, but would like to take good landscapes and macros, mostly to putter with in photo art.
          I have a Tokina SD 35-200 mm lens and a Vivitar MC Teleconverter both of which...
          03-07-2011, 05:48 AM
        • SierraBella
          Camera for students
          by SierraBella
          Ok at the risk of overloading with questions without much feedback on the post of others (yes I'm sorry I'm just not comfortable enough with my skill level to offer advice in most situations) I was curious what everyone thought about a starter DSLR for a photography student.

Right now...
          08-12-2011, 12:22 PM
        • Frank Lopes
          This is a Rant: things I resent
          by Frank Lopes
          Having to pay US$5,000 for Nikon's best DSLR (D3), when their top of the line film SLR (F6) goes for US$1,600. So much for advances in digital technology...

Having to know Photoshop (or PaintShop, or Elements, or Lightzone, or...) to be able to produce a good photograph. I wonder what...
          12-14-2007, 07:25 PM
        Working...
        X