X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJ Swartz
    • Sep 2001

Photographed TODAY (or Processed today)

What did you photograph today? What did you develop/process in your digital editing software today?

Post it here with a bit of a description so we can all share in your fun.

The African Daisies in my front yard (with one or two Poppies and another wildflower (planted) I'm not sure about)have been blooming for over a week, so I thought I'd better photograph them before they're gone. I sharpened the image, cropped out some of the background, cloned out some buds and yucca leaves intruding on the subjects, brightened some shaded petals. Tried to shoot between gusts of wind...
    Attached Files
  • skydog
    • Jan 2006

softball

Its time for softball...softball tournament....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Tom K
      • Feb 2006

Re: Photographed (or Processed) TODAY

Skydog;
      Super shot - to stop the ball and bat at the perfect time, nice conversion
      to a 'painted image' also.. looks great. Tom

Comment

• smak
        • Jan 2007

Photographed these guys at the University of Florida lake today and then cropped and sized to fit 100K. I've only had a camera for two weeks, but been using PS for a while.
        Attached Files

Comment

• CJ Swartz
          • Sep 2001

Originally posted by smak
          Photographed these guys at the University of Florida lake today ... I've only had a camera for two weeks,...
          Whoa! Was this before or after the alligator ate lunch?
          Is this actually the first time you've used a camera (during the last two weeks), or the first time in a long time? I'm guessing that you're using a digital camera, and wondering what fun I would have had if I'd started with digital instead of ruining all that film...

Comment

• smak
            • Jan 2007

Hi

After learning PS for a few years, I bought a digital camera - a Canon compact. I'm still learning how to use it. Digital is great because I can take about 100 shots to get about 10 that are useable. That's my ratio usually. The camera is both easy to use and then becomes impossibly complex. I think I would be way too impatient and cheap to use film. Anyway, I wish I had bought one years ago.

Comment

• D Thompson
              • Jan 2005

Processed today, shot back in February on a trip to Arizona & Utah. This was shot somewhere on the road to the Paria Ghost town in southern Utah. I wish we had been there in the late afternoon when the light would have been striking the mountain. The color variations were incredible. I took 2 shots, exposing one for the sky & one for the mountain.

Processing was :
              Blending the 2 shots
              Saturation adjustment layer - a slight boost to a couple of the colors
              Curves adjustment layer - added a little contrast
              Sharpening
              Resize & save for web
              Attached Files
              Last edited by D Thompson; 03-18-2007, 08:20 PM. Reason: appears a little darker on here than my monitor.

Comment

• discinque
                • Mar 2005

Howdy all,

Took this at MY zoo (it's where I keep all my animals.... haha) near where I work. After my divorce I had decided that I was going to hang as many of my own pictures as I dang well wanted (so there! ). Anyway, I've always struggled with picture size - I don't like having to crop a picture so it fits a frame and can't afford custom or specialty frames. Lately I've started changing the canvas size in PS and pulling a color from the picture - but then still printing as 8x10 or whatever.

So, that's what I've done in this picture - just more canvas top and bottom. Does anyone do anything different? Would really love some other ideas.
                Attached Files

Comment

• joey florio
                  • Oct 2004

>>>>> Does anyone do anything different? Would really love some other ideas.

The photo is great the way it is. Beautiful

Comment

• chrishoggy
                    • Dec 2004

I took these today, and did a quick join-up job to make a panoramic view
                    Shot is from Denby Dale view point, looking towards the Derbyshire boarder
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Godmother
                      • Jun 2006

I did this one today for a client.

Let me know

Comment

• bills
                        • Nov 2006

I shot this for a client, processed and delivered it today

bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Inkjet
                          • Feb 2007

Bills I really like your shot, it's got style.

These are two shots I combined this evening.

The first was of an office building and I selected the windows and created an alpha channel. The other shot was of a sunset which I dragged into the windows image, loaded the selection and created a Mask. I duplicated this andran a zoom blur filter over it (the sunset) and then ran the filter over the mask as well so that it would interact with the building.

Inkjet
                          Attached Files

Comment

• CJ Swartz
                            • Sep 2001

David -- I see no need for any changes, but I'd like to know how long it took you to train them all to give you their total attention and same expression all at the same time? Lovely animals, and nice image!

Originally posted by chrishoggy
                            I took these today, and did a quick join-up job to make a panoramic view
                            Shot is from Denby Dale view point, looking towards the Derbyshire boarder
                            Such a beautiful capture of a beautiful landscape! I've never tried pano stitching -- sounds hard.

Bills -- image looks great -- small (guess that's smart since it's for a client). I love the lighting on his face and body.

Originally posted by Inkjet
                            ... I selected the windows and created an alpha channel. The other shot was of a sunset which I dragged into the windows image, loaded the selection and created a Mask. I duplicated this and ran a zoom blur filter over it (the sunset) and then ran the filter over the mask as well so that it would interact with the building.Inkjet
                            Cool look! Love that glow!
                            Last edited by CJ Swartz; 03-21-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• chrishoggy
                              • Dec 2004

I took this one about 2 hours ago at my daughters riding lesson, then had a quick play around and desaturated the background. It's now printed and up on her wall
                              Conditions were quite dark and overcast, but I don't think it came out too bad.
                              Attached Files

Comment