April Photo Assignment -- Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Photo Assignment -- Discussion Thread

If you want to make a comment about someone's entry in this month's competitive Photo Assignment "The Human Condition", please post in this thread.

Janet, thanks for a great subject with a wide variety of possibilities.

Hope we get lots of submissions!

Re: April Photo Assignment -- Discussion Thread

Just like to say "Great choice for this months assignment title" Really got me thinking about what I can come up with, and I've not come up with anything yet

Comment

Originally posted by chrishoggy
      Just like to say "Great choice for this months assignment title" Really got me thinking about what I can come up with, and I've not come up with anything yet
      Chris, as I was reading your comment, I anxiously anticipated a revelation and literally laughed out loud. Can hardly wait to see everyone's submissions!

Comment

Wow! That is a broad subject. Almost anything could come out of it. I can't wait to see the new entries.

Thinking for now,
        LF

Comment

I just added an entry. I'm not sure how well it fits w/the subject. My thought was that as humans we have evolved technologically, but still there are those of us on Earth who still live in a primitive way. It is especially interesting to see both ways in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Fisher
            I just added an entry. I'm not sure how well it fits w/the subject. My thought was that as humans we have evolved technologically, but still there are those of us on Earth who still live in a primitive way. It is especially interesting to see both ways in one place.
            LF, sounds goods to me. I haven't decided yet what to try, but comparisons and contrasts of human behavior are certainly on my list of possibilities. I haven't ever thought of fishing as "primitive", but it is interesting to see it with the urban-scape background. We have urban fishing in city lake-parks, but the background has been landscaped to look like nature.

Comment

Re: April Photo Assignment -- Competition with Voting

Since I couldn't decide between these three for the theme this month. These are posted just to be posting and NOT for the contest. That would be skewing the results way too much.

Janet
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Janet Petty; 04-16-2007, 09:35 PM. Reason: reworded blurb for clarity

Comment

Janet Petty,

Do your photos go together to tell a story? If so, could you tell it to us?

LF

Comment

The first two go together. A close friend lost his business to lightening. They are two pictures of the 200 I took of the volunteer cleanup effort.

The last one is a lady I met at the Fiddler's Convention. Interesting face, huh!

Janet

Comment

Well I'm still thinking of what my shot should be. I've had a few ideas and taken quite a few photos, but nothing I'm happy with yet

Comment

Come on folks. Time is a wasting. We only have a few entries. Don't let this thread die for lack of interest. Submit. Submit. Submit. Please

Janet

Comment

Re: April Photo Assignment -- Competition with Voting

I don't want this thread to die so I'm posting an old photo I took in the 80's. Not sure how well it fits with this month's theme, but, ... wanted to submit something.
                        Used a Canon AE1, probably w/ a wide angle lens, don't remember any of the settings or film speed; scanned this from the original slide, had to lighten the overall image in photoshop but that's it.
                        Last edited by lcramer53; 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM. Reason: Moved from competition thread to Discussion thread

Comment

Susie, I can see why you chose to capture that moment in time of an adorable child in a traditionally adorable pose.

Sorry, but I cannot allow that image to be considered in the Photo Assignment for April voting -- the rules state that the image must be created during the timeframe: Time-frame for shooting your image: April 1, 2007 to April 25th, 2007 (a Wednesday) at 9 pm EDT.

The Photo Assignment thread won't die, but we might have folks not meet the deadline if we don't "hurry" to visualize what we're going to shoot and get the entry submitted by April 25th. I have an idea finally that I want to shoot, but I have to wait for an event to occur this week. Hope I get my entry in this time.

Comment

OOops! Sorry about that, CJ!

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries; everyone is so talented!

Comment

Originally posted by lcramer53 View Post
                              OOops! Sorry about that, CJ!

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries; everyone is so talented!
                              No problem! I'm looking forward to seeing the entries also, BUT why don't YOU go outside (or even stay inside) and shoot an entry -- there is still time before April 25th!!!!

Comment