Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera manuals

Quickly:

do you know where your camera manual is?

It is fairly easy to get one online.
    Here is a link to oldtimerscamera.com where they will sell you one:
    http://www.oldtimercameras.com/searc...pSubType_ID=45

If you are not willing to pay but don't mind doing some digging for them, here is what you do (as of 12/3/08):

Nikon
    • access the product list on nikon.com
    • click the model that you are interested in
    • on the right hand side of the screen, click the "product manual" link

Canon
    • click the camera model
    • click the "support and service" tab/link
    • under the guides section select the "camera user guide"

Casio

Kodak

Pentax

Epson

[EDIT]

Which manufacturers would you like to see added to this list?
    Last edited by Frank Lopes; 12-03-2008, 07:18 PM.

Re: Camera manuals

Although, I love my Canon EOS 1DMark 3, I am always playing with the C Fn settings to get the best of Birds in Flight and Action Sports. I see so many differing settings for the same subjects that I have not found "peace".

I would love to see others suggestions. On the specifics of Birds in Flight, even the Canon issued guide on settings does not specifically target BIF!

Thanks

Comment

Have you read this article?
      http://www.openphotographyforums.com...Morris_001.php

The author talks about some of his challenges regarding shooting birds in flight using, I think, your camera.

Originally posted by TreesOfMyTime View Post
      Although, I love my Canon EOS 1DMark 3, I am always playing with the C Fn settings to get the best of Birds in Flight and Action Sports. I see so many differing settings for the same subjects that I have not found "peace".

I would love to see others suggestions. On the specifics of Birds in Flight, even the Canon issued guide on settings does not specifically target BIF!

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Frank! Yes, I have seen this post by Art Morris which was very early in the history of the camera. I did purchase his Cd Mark 3 guide. It was updated, but still not late enough in the process to comment on Canon's latest suggestions which as I said above, do not mention BIF.

Although Art points out his advanced age, I have about a decade on him and I am perhaps looking for the camera to do more "focus acquisition". Little chance of me combining "prefocus" with sensor on the birds eye, and still keep the bird as at least a third of the frame.

So, I am still looking for some definitive C. Fn settings for BIF, post Canon's final recommendations. Thanks again!

Comment