No announcement yet.

Actions

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Sanda
    strange behavior
    Sanda
    After a recent hard drive crash and replacement I had to reinstall Photoshop 6. I've reinstalled all of my plugins and actions ect. All seemed to be working fine but today I needed to use an action for the first time since the reinstall and to my amazement discovered that my actions pallet won't...
    09-18-2002, 04:26 PM
  • bhall07
    Make your own Actions
    bhall07
    Using Photoshop 7 create your own Actions. This should work with PS6 also. [details]
    02-06-2004, 02:15 PM
  • Pics2
    Embarasing - I don't know where my actions are
    Pics2
    I didn't know it will cause me problems - Recently I made few actions in Photoshop that I wanted to share with my friends. When I tried to locate them in Explorer, I couldn't find them. I thought they were located in Actions folder in Photoshop, but.
    Where are they?
    I use CS6 Windows.
    05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
  • threads13
    Save 15% with this Promo Code
    threads13
    Save 15% off JHP Actions Complete Set. Over 100 Actions and Textures!

Use this code at checkout: 8473988B

If you like actions and you also like to save $$$, then this is the set to get! The JHP Actions Complete Set is all 8 of JHP's popular action sets featuring over 100...
    08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
  • Ed_L
    Photoshop Actions vs. Mfg. Actions
    Ed_L
    I know very little about actions. I had a question about why a particular action wouldn't work, and I e-mailed the author to see if he had any advice. Here is his reply to me:

"Are these other actions Photoshop actions or the ones that are built into your Dell system?"
    07-09-2002, 09:46 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actions

Hi, I was discussing brushing up work to show clients the results at shoots and was told that some photographers run a few actions. Curves, smoothing/sharpening etc. Do any of you? What are they?

Gary

Re: Actions

Hi, Gary, welcome to RTP

Actions are scripts that can be built in Photoshop to do a series of tasks automatically. You build the action using the "Actions Palette". You can also download actions created by others (assuming that you have a comparable version of PS that has the features used in an action), add them to your Presets/Actions folder then load them from the Action's Palette.

Google "Photoshop Actions". There are tons of freebies out there. Some work better than others, but give them a try. ALWAYS work on a backup copy of your original image.

Comment

Working...
    X