Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkroom texture ?

Hello,

Where can I find this kind of texture ? And how can I achieve this effect ?
    Thanks...
    Attached Files

Re: Darkroom texture ?

if i were looking to do this i'd try filter forge: http://www.filterforge.com .

Comment

Thanks for the link... Greatly appreciated !

Comment

Agreed; Filter Forge has literally thousands of presets included which offer some really striking effects.

Another approach is to use an image overlay, assuming you have such a texture handy. Using blending modes, you can meld the texture into your original image. I'm going to do a feature on this in my next ezine, showing how to do this manually as well as with plug-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by plugsnpixels View Post
          Agreed; Filter Forge has literally thousands of presets included which offer some really striking effects.

Another approach is to use an image overlay, assuming you have such a texture handy. Using blending modes, you can meld the texture into your original image. I'm going to do a feature on this in my next ezine, showing how to do this manually as well as with plug-ins.
          This would be great ! Thanks !

Comment

Those of you Down Under can find my recent article about adding grunge textures to your images in the current issue of Photoshop Projects magazine (which should be out by now; here's what the tutorial looks like). I will rework this for my ezine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a great site (free) for you to start looking for the texture you are after

http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/

but there are loads out there it is just a case of finding the time to look for them

Palms

Comment

Originally posted by palms View Post
                Here is a great site (free) for you to start looking for the texture you are after

http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/

but there are loads out there it is just a case of finding the time to look for them

Palms

Many thanks for the link... I've found very good textures !

Comment

Thanks Palms! Even though it's more creatively fulfilling to make and use your own textures and overlays, that's a great resource if one is in a hurry!

Comment