How to get this light and color temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get this light and color temp

I think the lighting and color is gorgeous in this image. Very natural and even. I can't ever seem to get the same look. Does anyone have a really good idea of what's going on?

https://www.facebook.com/Jcsm00hPhot...type=3&theater

Re: How to get this light and color temp

Painting on a new layer set to normal blending mode and placed between the low and high, after the frequency separation, and painting on an empty layer set to color blending mode on top of those layers.

Comment

Without seeing the original or RAW image it is difficult to give a specific answer to this question. However, the overall lighting was produced in-camera. This is evident when one examines the reflections in the eye - see attached images.

Usually a square reflection indicates a softbox. From the next photo in the series you can see two square reflections in both eyes, indicating a very soft, even lighting setup (this is also evident by the shadows in the same image). This may have been adjusted slightly for each pose in the series, but the end result in all of them is soft, even lighting.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
        Painting on a new layer set to normal blending mode and placed between the low and high, after the frequency separation, and painting on an empty layer set to color blending mode on top of those layers.
        can you make youtube video tutorial how to do all this?

Comment

It's pretty straight forward technique-vise, I don't think the images above are the best examples of the application, but you just paint. I can do it next week? I am sort of busy currently.

Comment

i will be very pleased if you do it next week . i will wait for it

Comment

Originally posted by david n View Post
              i will be very pleased if you do it next week . i will wait for it
              You'll still have to figure out how to do that lighting. I think if you're limited on lighting equipment and space, your best bet would be window lighting + reflector. You would probably need a tripod due to the typical shutter speed under those conditions.

The retouching aspect of it isn't complicated at all. Most of it is understanding the details on things like the eyes and some basic color correction, which may differ slightly between skin and clothing. Skoobey is quite good at this, but just watching something he posts isn't going to be enough unless you are already solid in these fundamental areas.

Comment