Poor conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear: Poor conversion

I have 2 12.5mg raw files of a hummingbird in flight. My View NX software will NOT convert the files at all, and my paint software only makes 3k files!
    What downloadable conversion software is there that will make jpgs of a decent size?

Re: Poor conversion

What camera are the raw files from - manufacturer and model number?

View NX is Nikon specific and AFAIK will not convert other manufacturers raw files.

If the raw files are from Nikon camera then your View NX may be outdated.

If you do not have current Adobe Camera Raw either PS or LR then have a look at RawTherapee

Comment

Originally posted by Tony W View Post

If you do not have current Adobe Camera Raw either PS or LR then have a look at RawTherapee
      He has full adobe package. It's a mystery why he using View NX

Comment

If all else fails try Irfanview (free).... seems to do it all and very well also

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Chennae
          RAW files
          by Chennae
          Hey, my name's Chennae and I'm new This is my first post and I was wondering if y'all could help me out. I love retouching, but I have absolutely no idea about RAW files. What it is, how to use it... no idea. I downloaded a RAW file the other day and tried to open it in photoshop (cs4) but it wouldn't...
          06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
        • skydog
          Raw Files
          by skydog
          I'm sure someone here knows the answer. I have Photoshop CS2. I just bought a Canon 30D. The raw files created by the 30D are not recognized. I've checked to insure my updates are up to date, and the software says they are. Am I missing something?
          07-17-2006, 04:16 AM
        • Dezzy
          RAW files
          by Dezzy
          OK, I keep reading about shooting in RAW. What do I need to shoot in RAW/ Do I need a special camera or program to transfer from a camera. I understand the value of RAW files over JPEG for manipulating.
          10-19-2017, 09:20 PM
        • Caravaggio
          how do you open MOS files?
          by Caravaggio
          Does anyone know how to open MOS files not using Capture One? MOS files won't open in CC camera raw for me. Under get info it says that it is a Leaf RAW image.
          I had a free trial to Capture One, but it expired and I am not eager to purchase it.
          Thanks for your help.
          12-29-2013, 09:50 AM
        • Robbie Dahl
          Converting RAW to DNG
          by Robbie Dahl
          I would like some advice on converting RAW to DNG. I have read on line that it is a good practice to convert all my RAW images to DNG after uploading them. I am using Adobe Lightroom 2.2. When I use "Convert to Linear Image", my files double in size. Should I be using "Preserve RAW Image"...
          01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
        Working...
        X