No announcement yet.

RAW files

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• marranello729
    where can I download RAW files?
    by marranello729
    hey guys, I have photoshop cs3 with adobe camera raw and i really want to start experimenting with it but my camera isnt RAW compatable. is there anywhere that I can download a RAW file from someone else so that I could just play around with raw? thanks
    04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
  • mcdronkz
    Compositing: RAW or processed?
    by mcdronkz
    I know that RAW files, essentially digital negatives, provide far greater flexibility in terms of editing than already processed files. It is widely recommended to do as much as possible in the RAW converter before starting with pixel editing.

While doing compositing, I sometimes struggle...
    10-25-2012, 07:23 PM
  • Tony Gander
    Raw format
    by Tony Gander
    In an article 'Understanding Digital Raw Capture' on Adobe's website I read the following: 'When you shoot raw, the only on-camera settings that have an effect on the captured pixels are the ISO speed, the shutter speed, and the aperture. Everything else is under your control when you convert the raw...
    10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Downloadable sample RAW files
    by Doug Nelson
    Does anyone know of any sites where we can download RAW files in the various native digital camera formats? I've looked on the Nikon site, Canon site, etc., but can't find any downloadable RAW images (they might not end with .raw, I know).
    10-27-2004, 01:15 PM
  • Chennae
    RAW files
    by Chennae
    Hey, my name's Chennae and I'm new This is my first post and I was wondering if y'all could help me out. I love retouching, but I have absolutely no idea about RAW files. What it is, how to use it... no idea. I downloaded a RAW file the other day and tried to open it in photoshop (cs4) but it wouldn't...
    06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW files

OK, I keep reading about shooting in RAW. What do I need to shoot in RAW/ Do I need a special camera or program to transfer from a camera. I understand the value of RAW files over JPEG for manipulating.

Re: RAW files

You just need a camera that gives the option of outputting raw files and an application that can manipulate your cameras particular raw. Many if not all modern DSLR offer the option of raw, JPEG and sometimes TIFF

Comment

Re: RAW files

Thank you, Tony W, I feared that. My older cameras don't Have RAW settings and I've recently bought a Nikon P900 for it's long telescopic range for nature shots. As I won't be selling professionally I'll let Raw go for a while. But I manipulate with Elements so might get interested later. Photography is very addictive. Get one lens, then another and buy this and that, it never stops.

Comment

Working...
      X