Need some help about photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help about photography

I am a beginner in photography. I would really like to get some tips and tricks for developing my shots. I am using Nikon D 5300 and I have not bought any lenses yet. So it would be very great if any of you guys help me to choose one. I normally take portraits and also sometimes landscape pictures.

Lighting is the key factor to great portrait photography. If you’ve no experience using studio light before then it pays to get the lights out and to practice taking some portraits. Test with putting a lighting source at various points. You would then be able to look at how the light falls upon your subject, enlightening various zones of their face and the environment that it makes.

For landscape photography,

1) Shoot during first light nightfall.

2) Use a tripod, graduated ND filter, and a good wide-angle lens

3) Release shots with a wired remote release and at times with mirror locked up

4) Shoot at a wide aperture however not so wide that the sharpness is influenced because of diffraction. Usually, f/11-f/16 are preferred.

5) Shoot closeups with a telephoto lens. A telephoto lens helps in isolating certain components of the scene.

Comment

I am also a newbie to photography, so I hope these tips and tricks will be helpful to me. Thank you, guys! A friend of mine is also a photographer. However, he has been doing it for a couple of years, so he has got some experience already. He also told me to try and shoot during the first light nightfall and release shots with a wired remote release. I think these tips have to be the main ones for me. Right now, I would like to make a portrait of my dog and experiment with that picture. I have already got many custom photos of my pet. I have got them all from https://impersonateme.com/collection...-pet-portraits. They have an insane amount of custom portraits.
      Last edited by dawducan; 08-11-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Well, with a lot of practice, your skills would get better and better. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM is the best lens option for capturing landscapes whereas Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art should be your pick for portrait photography. Speed and sharpness should be your prime considerations while choosing camera lenses. And we have one important advice- even if you become a professional, you should consider getting your photos edited in a proper manner. You may want to learn the use of photo editing software and apply tried-and-tested photo editing tips to generate excellent outcomes and create a professional portfolio.

Comment

widgetinstance 175 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X