Announcing RetouchPRO LIVE - 05/27/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing RetouchPRO LIVE - 05/27/09

I'm pleased to announce our first ever live interactive retouching event: RetouchPRO LIVE

This is a 2+ hour live session taking place May 27, 2009 at 9pm Eastern time.

Watch live in your browser as Chris Tarantino does a beauty retouch while he and I discuss his technique. You'll also be able to ask questions.

Click here for details and ticket sales link

Hopefully this will be the first of many such events, covering lots of topics with different guest artists. Whether there will be more of these depends solely upon the attendance at this one, so tell everyone you know to buy a ticket and show up (it's only $10!).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

re: Announcing RetouchPRO LIVE - 05/27/09

Darn... too bad! Would have loved to attent but that's working time in Europe and to top that I am on a business trip, too....Will there be a relaunch on some weekend?

Comment

Ummm. Its all I can take to do it the first time listening to the crickets chirping.
      Don't make me do it again!

Honestly, I really don't know what's in the back of Doug's mind about this.

Chris

Comment

Any chance of recording the event for those unfortunate who can't attent?

Comment

I'll definately be attending. Just need to work out what time this will be in Australia.

Comment

Perfect time for me, but too much $$$. I'll wait for the free reruns.

Comment

Post the Australian time here once you figured it out.

There will probably be a DVD available some time after the live event, but with production costs and shipping, attending live will be the less expensive viewing option.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

21:00:00 Wednesday May 27, 2009 in US/Eastern converts to
                11:00:00 Thursday May 28, 2009 in Australia/Sydney
                Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in US/Eastern
                Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in Australia/Sydney
                Source: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

Juergen

Comment

It sounds really fun and interesting... sadly I am counting on being slightly comatose at that time. Working with a festival and will be on my feet from 06.00 on the 25th 'til approximately 08.00 on the 26th. SO I'll be cutting some major Z's on the 27th

*chirrup, chirrup*

Comment

Assuming we get enough attendance to warrant further events, we'll introduce some scheduling options in the future.

I cannot stress enough how important it is for everybody to spread the word about this. Even if you're not interested in this particular session or just can't make it, post the details link on other sites you visit, email friends, etc.

If this works, I plan on offering similar sessions with a wide range of guest artists and topics. But none of that will happen if it just ends up being me, Chris, and a few forum regulars in this first session.
                    Learn by teaching

Comment

Could you guys post a Plan of this session?
                      I think it could help some people to decide if they are interested or not.

Comment

The "plan" is simply watching Chris turn the before image into the after image in real time (see link above). An over-the-shoulder view of a skilled professional retoucher at work. With the exception of that he'll be explaining what he's doing as he's going along, which I doubt he does when his desktop isn't being broadcast. And, time allowing, he'll answer questions at the end.
                        Learn by teaching

Comment

I will try to attend. Chris' work is great.

I'd just like to mention that for the future I'd like to see something on product retouching: jewelry, cosmetics, cars, etc. There's such a dearth of that kind of instruction to be found anywhere, be it in books, videos, forums, what have you.

Comment

I'm happy to take requests for future events. That particular one is already on my to-do list, along with several others. But it all hinges on the success of this first one, so don't wait to register. The sooner I can gauge the popularity of this, the sooner I can start lining up experts for future presentations.
                            Learn by teaching

Comment

Okay I signed up...

Be sure to save it to DVD.. ..!!

Comment