RetouchPro Live And Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetouchPro Live And Linux?

I'm very interested in viewing one of these live events. I've read the FAQ but it makes no mention of system requirements.

I run linux exclusively. Does the Java app run under linux or does it require IE or Safari hooks, rendering it inoperable under linux?

I'd really like to know this before putting up the $10 for the next rebroadcast.

Thanks!

-Al

Re: RetouchPro Live And Linux?

Sorry, Mac or Windows only. At least as far as I know. But there is 24/7 tollfree phone support available at gotowebinar.com. I'd suggest contacting them.

It is a Java app, but I assume there is some sort of loader that is OS specific.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Re: RetouchPro Live And Linux?

Thanks for the reply Doug. That's about what I expected. I've just gone down this route trying to get a corporate "live" event working for my wife. It too used Java, but wouldn't work on linux. Tried to get it working in a virtual machine (virtual box and WinXP), but timing issues with the NIC made it too choppy to watch.

I'll pass on contacting the tech support people. It's been my experience that their eyes glaze over when you mention the word "linux". Maybe someday these live events will be converted into a downloadable format or made available on media we can purchase.

-Al

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
        The End of RetouchPRO LIVE???
        by Doug Nelson
        I've got some serious thinking to do about the future of RetouchPRO LIVE.

RetouchPRO LIVE is more popular than it's ever been. My thanks to everyone for that continued support. I love doing the shows, and it warms my heart when I read the feedback about how much they're helping you....
        10-21-2011, 02:51 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        RetouchPRO LIVE days and times
        by Doug Nelson
        What day of the week and time of day would be best for you to attend a future RetouchPRO LIVE event? Keep in mind they'll be at least 2 hours long.

Please specify your time zone.

Obviously I can't schedule events for every ideal time, but I'm hoping to find a couple of...
        05-21-2009, 11:08 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        Announcing RetouchPRO LIVE - 05/27/09
        by Doug Nelson
        I'm pleased to announce our first ever live interactive retouching event: RetouchPRO LIVE

This is a 2+ hour live session taking place May 27, 2009 at 9pm Eastern time.

Watch live in your browser as Chris Tarantino does a beauty retouch while he and I discuss his technique....
        05-17-2009, 11:56 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        RetouchPRO LIVE "Goth Zombie" w/ Gretchen Hilmers
        by Doug Nelson
        This could get a little icky.

For our next all-new RetouchPRO LIVE show, Gretchen Hilmers returns. And this time she's out for blood. Make-up and Photoshop blood, but still...

Watch Gretchen's screen live as she turns a funny zombie make-up job into something actually disturbing....
        09-28-2011, 04:14 AM
      • Sveltepig
        retouchpro LIVE email notifications
        by Sveltepig
        Hi Doug
        I am no longer receiving email notifications for your LIVE shows (or rebroadcasts). Have you discontinued this service or is it me?
        thanks
        karin
        01-30-2012, 06:58 AM
      Working...
      X