RetouchPRO LIVE w/Chris Tarantino "Calculations"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE w/Chris Tarantino "Calculation

Help!! Am I too late. I can't find the pay now button for paypal....

Comment

Enjoyed the show, quite a lot went right over my head but I expected that before I signed up !

Love Chris, and loved the show !
      Well done Doug ...........

Comment

I'll be hitting the texts on this one. W-a-a-a-y over my head. The masking potential is incredible. Thanks Chris, and especially for your offer of your action. Just studying all those images will give me lots of insight!

Comment

As I say in chat I am a rookie in Photoshop, but I founded the show very interesting and usefull for me. Thanks Chris and thanks Doug
          Ciao
          Rob

Comment

Action mentioned in the Calculations Webinar

Hello everyone

I have uploaded the action I mentioned from the Calculations webinar that creates a separate document containing all of the channels available to you for masking and rebuilding with calculations.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/blo...ions-show.html

Chris

Comment

Yes..Thanks this was a nice Show. I have read a lot of the Dan Margulis stuff and so i used apply Image a lot..and i have also done an action to visualise the chanels, but i have missed the HSB/HSL thing..very nice special for skintones....

Chris you inspired me to look closer to the customfilter command and i think it is very interesting for sharpening would like to see more on that topic .

Im interested in the VERY adcanced Topics...please continue ...Beginner stuff is all over the net...
              lg.
              Gene

Comment

Hi all,

Many thanks to Doug and Chris for a great show. Well, I thought I knew Photoshop quite well but now I reaslise I don't after that show! Got the general jist of it but quite complex at the same time. First time experiencing a webinar too and was very impressed with the refresh rate, sound quality and interactivity.

I just had one question, that was about installing the plugin's necessary for give you the extra options in the calculations dialog box. I've found the goodies folder on the install CD but could someone explain exactly which file has to be copied to exactly which location?

Many thanks in advance,

David

Comment

Great show Chris. It is actually more helpful to see the thought process instead of a preplanned result.

I was one of the viewers asking about using calculations for removing blemishes and unwanted color. I have been trying for a couple years and haven't found a way to do it that looks believable at all. I'm not giving up though, but at least I'm not the only one stumped.

Thanks you for the HSL/HSB info. That will certainly make a huge difference with the efficiency of my masking.

Comment

Good show, Chris, thanks!

For a good introduction to calculations, Deke McClelland's "Channels and Masks" is a good starting point, especially for the "offset" and "scale" functions in the Add and Subtract blend modes.

Comment

Tried out the action, and changed one of my cats from mostly white to all black! That was before I tried any Calculations - it was just one of the channel options.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great show Chris, I really enjoyed it.

I have a photo that I just started working on with some funny black glasses that I think I may want to change to white. I would love to get some tips on how to mask this one. The image is mine and everyone has my permission to download, play along and repost their attempts.

I'm thinking I going to do a gradient map from light light light gray to white (not sure though) and then use a mask generated by calculations.

I ran you action (thanks again) and found a few channels where the glasses were fairly well isolated from everything except the eyes.

Regards,

Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by David C View Post
                          Hi all,

Many thanks to Doug and Chris for a great show. Well, I thought I knew Photoshop quite well but now I reaslise I don't after that show! Got the general jist of it but quite complex at the same time. First time experiencing a webinar too and was very impressed with the refresh rate, sound quality and interactivity.

I just had one question, that was about installing the plugin's necessary for give you the extra options in the calculations dialog box. I've found the goodies folder on the install CD but could someone explain exactly which file has to be copied to exactly which location?

Many thanks in advance,

David
                          You have to go in Applications/Adobe photoshop cs4/plug-ins/filter and copy this file HSBHSL.plugin.

Restart Photoshop cs4 that it's !

Ciao
                          Roberto

Comment

Anybody else finding CS4 not recogonizing the hsbhsl.8bf action? I have it in the presets\plugin folder but when I try to load it from within photoshop it will not display it in the list to select to load. So far searching online I've not found an answer. I'm using windows Vista. yea i know, next system will be a mac. i was so excited to try Chris's action. it still works except for these two channels which i really hope to be able to explore.

Comment

It is not an action. It is a filter. You will find it under the filter/other menu. Hope this helps.

Comment

duhhhh user error. wonderful....well i still want to buy a mac. thanks a bunch. i'm tired and didn't even realize that. should do the trick.
                                .....update.... yep that did the trick. i'm so excited but given how tired i think i'll leave the channel exploration until tomorrow. does look like it opened up some new options on an extract that has been really causing me agony. thanks again Robert.
                                Last edited by dweekley; 12-20-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: update after fix of issue

Comment

Working...
                                X