• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treyclark
    replied
    Re: RetouchPRO LIVE w/Chris Tarantino "Calculation

Chris and Doug,

Thanks for the rebroadcast. Anyway in the future to get these with some sort of rewind to the presentation, say maybe a 24 hour time period and the broadcast expires.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberek
    replied

Also waiting for rebrodcast. Couldnt see live one.

Leave a comment:

• Janet Petty
    replied

This show was icing on the cake. And like icing, best taken in smaller increments so one doesn't overdose. I felt like I'd jumped in with both feet and found the bottom was way over my head. Needless to say, Chris pulled it all together in a very understandable manner and left me with a whole realm of possibilities. I hope I'm available for the rebroadcast. This is one I want to revisit.

I want to give my thanks for the thought processes as well. That more than anything brought calculations to "life" for me. I also want to say thank you for providing the action. Experimenting with it also helps expand my horizons.

Janet

Leave a comment:

• cricket1961
    replied

Hello Everyone.

I have posted a corrected action to my blog. It adds in the missing RGB channels as requested.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/blo...ls-action.html

CHris

Leave a comment:

• cricket1961
    replied

HI Robert

I do have plans for a Gradient Map webinar. Its just a matter of getting it together.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Flashtones
    replied

There have been a few threads on retouchpro about turning black to white. Try searching.

Leave a comment:

• robertmccadden
    replied

Hey Chris. I decided I wanted to see if I could pull off the gradient map before making the mask for the glasses. I couldn't get the gradient map right though. I would sign up for a webinar on gradient maps; seems like there is almost no detailed information on them. There are a bunch of tutorials on the web which say set this to that and that to this to get this effect, but nothing that actually explains it.

I was hoping more people would play along w/ the glasses picture. If there is any interest I could link to a larger file for download.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• cricket1961
    replied

Originally posted by robertmccadden View Post
    Ok, I couldn't get the gradient map to change the glasses from black to white. Would really like to know how to do this move.
    Hi Robert.

I would need to see where in the process you are attempting to do this. It should be a simple matter though.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• robertmccadden
    replied

Ok, I couldn't get the gradient map to change the glasses from black to white. Would really like to know how to do this move.

Leave a comment:

• dweekley
    replied

duhhhh user error. wonderful....well i still want to buy a mac. thanks a bunch. i'm tired and didn't even realize that. should do the trick.
    .....update.... yep that did the trick. i'm so excited but given how tired i think i'll leave the channel exploration until tomorrow. does look like it opened up some new options on an extract that has been really causing me agony. thanks again Robert.
    Last edited by dweekley; 12-20-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: update after fix of issue

Leave a comment:

• robertmccadden
    replied

It is not an action. It is a filter. You will find it under the filter/other menu. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• dweekley
    replied

Anybody else finding CS4 not recogonizing the hsbhsl.8bf action? I have it in the presets\plugin folder but when I try to load it from within photoshop it will not display it in the list to select to load. So far searching online I've not found an answer. I'm using windows Vista. yea i know, next system will be a mac. i was so excited to try Chris's action. it still works except for these two channels which i really hope to be able to explore.

Leave a comment:

• robynair
    replied

Originally posted by David C View Post
    Hi all,

Many thanks to Doug and Chris for a great show. Well, I thought I knew Photoshop quite well but now I reaslise I don't after that show! Got the general jist of it but quite complex at the same time. First time experiencing a webinar too and was very impressed with the refresh rate, sound quality and interactivity.

I just had one question, that was about installing the plugin's necessary for give you the extra options in the calculations dialog box. I've found the goodies folder on the install CD but could someone explain exactly which file has to be copied to exactly which location?

Many thanks in advance,

David
    You have to go in Applications/Adobe photoshop cs4/plug-ins/filter and copy this file HSBHSL.plugin.

Restart Photoshop cs4 that it's !

Ciao
    Roberto

Leave a comment:

• robertmccadden
    replied

Great show Chris, I really enjoyed it.

I have a photo that I just started working on with some funny black glasses that I think I may want to change to white. I would love to get some tips on how to mask this one. The image is mine and everyone has my permission to download, play along and repost their attempts.

I'm thinking I going to do a gradient map from light light light gray to white (not sure though) and then use a mask generated by calculations.

I ran you action (thanks again) and found a few channels where the glasses were fairly well isolated from everything except the eyes.

Regards,

Robert
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CJ Swartz
    replied

Tried out the action, and changed one of my cats from mostly white to all black! That was before I tried any Calculations - it was just one of the channel options.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X