X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Atmospherics" w/Scott Valenti

This show is now available for international rentals.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

This show is now available for rental.
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 04-19-2012, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dak Paule
    replied

Great tips! I will give those a try. I also look forward to seeing your mini tutorial on the underwater effect that closed the show, when you get that put up. Thanks again,

Dak

Leave a comment:

• lokki
    replied

One more thing - I think I used Dots in the video for the Mezzotint settings, but try Long Strokes instead. This will give you more variation in the rain drops. You can also run Threshold again (followed by more blur) if you need to thin out the number of drops.

Leave a comment:

• lokki
    replied

Glad you enjoyed it!

The steps I usually follow for rain are:

Noise
    Pointilize
    Threshold
    Mezzotint

Note that this is only one way to get there; the important part is to end up with some small, fairly well-spaced and hard-edged globs of pixels. One alternative to this somewhat randomized method is to use a spatter brush that will lay down pixels where you want. Then you can use Mezzotint or straight to motion blur.

The advantage to the brush method is you can choose your rain density, which would be good for producing some splash in a local area, say along a waterfall.

Leave a comment:

• Dak Paule
    replied

Originally posted by lokki View Post
    Hi folks - I will put up a mini tutorial on the underwater effect that closed the show. This will cover building the top surface, floor lighting and dealing with the density differences between water and air as far as light is concerned.

Are there any requests for more details on some of the other effects?
    Hey Scott!
    I enjoyed the rebroadcast of your show yesterday. I have been trying my hand at making rain and I got a little bit confused when I went back to my notes. Did you say to use BOTH Messotint AND Pointilizze or just one or the other?

Leave a comment:

• lokki
    replied

Hi folks - I will put up a mini tutorial on the underwater effect that closed the show. This will cover building the top surface, floor lighting and dealing with the density differences between water and air as far as light is concerned.

Are there any requests for more details on some of the other effects?

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

Show us your atmospheric effects.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

The ticket sales link is now closed.

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder. You'll want to make sure both retouchpro.com and citrixonline.com are whitelisted (listed as "trusted" or "friendly" or "always allowed") in your spam filter.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Tollfree 24/7 tech support phone numbers can be found here (make sure you specify gotowebinar in the dropdown options).

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Scott Valentine.

Leave a comment:

• webbwork
    replied

Thanks, the email just came through.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

Don't worry, I have a system to catch those. There should be an email with the link for you to finish registering in your inbox.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

Still a few minutes left to sign up. We've had some excellent and informative shows so far, but only a few have been so unabashedly about creativity, inspiration, and fun, and none have been about landscape photography. You won't want to miss this.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

The ticket sales link will close in about 1 hour.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied

Only 2 hours left to sign up. There's still time for you to invite friends in other forums.

Leave a comment:

• shamrock2008
    replied

Really looking forward to this show..

signed up and ready to go

Leave a comment: