RetouchPRO LIVE "Digital Pastels" with Sue Bloom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetouchPRO LIVE "Digital Pastels" with Sue Bloom

I'm pleased to announce our very first photo-art RetouchPRO LIVE show.

Sue Bloom is a professor, author, and workshop instructor. She makes digital art in many styles, and her work is lovely (visit her web portfolio and you'll agree).

For her first RetouchPRO LIVE show, we'll be watching Sue recreate this digital pastel of a Capri street scene from start-to-finish. She'll answer audience questions as she works, and she has a couple of extra techniques she'd like to demonstrate if time permits.

Saturday, August 14, 4pm CDT (see link below for other time zones)

Click the following link for details and ticket sales:
    http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=bloom
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE "Digital Pastels" with Sue Blo

Sue will be using Photoshop CS5, but all her techniques will work with earlier versions of Photoshop and she won't be using any 3rd-party plugins.
    Learn by teaching

Comment

Take this unusually long leadtime to invite your friends from other forums to the show. Believe it or not, not everyone has heard of RetouchPRO LIVE, and the half-dozen that have never dreamed we'd be doing a photo-art show.
      Learn by teaching

Comment

I have Sue's book and just love it. She does amazing work! I've signed up for the webinar and am looking forward to it. I use PSCS3, along with painter.

Comment

The ticket sales link will close in 2 hours.
          Learn by teaching

Comment

The ticket sales link will close in 1 hour.
            Learn by teaching

Comment

The ticket sales link is now closed.

If you haven't received your confirmation email, check your spam folder. You'll want to make sure both retouchpro.com and citrixonline.com are whitelisted (listed as "trusted" or "friendly" or "always allowed") in your spam filter.

If you can't connect, verify you have Java installed and active.

Tollfree 24/7 tech support phone numbers can be found here (make sure you specify gotowebinar in the dropdown options).

Come back to this thread after the show and tell us your thoughts about it. Also, give us your requests for future shows with Sue Bloom.
              Learn by teaching

Comment

EXCELLENT Presentation and Presenter!!

Sue Bloom, thank you SO much for your lesson on digital pastel painting. You are an accomplished teacher who is obviously comfortable in "front of an audience", and your enthusiasm added to your knowledge of techniques encourages me to give this technique a try.

I'm going to try a pastel this afternoon and hope that it looks somewhat better than my usual tries. I've tried using a pattern to paint with before, but I will have to give that a further try.

Some of our members have become quite accomplished (we all know who they are (Palms, Sylvia, Peter S. and others too numerous for me to list). Some of it is hard work and lots of time spent practicing/doing, and some of it is raw talent. Sue, thank you for helping all of us to give it a try, and those who have the motivation and talent to add techniques to their "tool belt".

Comment

great........bye

Comment

Doug and Sue ~ Thanks so much for a great presentation! I have one of Sue's books and it's just amazing, as is her art and website! When I saw her name in the email I jumped right in!

Thanks again.

Comment

Superb presentation. Sue is an excellent teacher, one who can explain things clearly and concisely. Her workflow is straightforward and easy to understand. Her manner is personable, thus making her easy to approach with any question.

It is always, always a rare treat to discover new techniques and ideas for painting and making it look real. Sue did this with style.

It was a treat to take this class. Thank you ever so much.

Janet

Comment

Here's the link to the art reference site I mentioned during the show:
                        http://www.artchive.com
                        Learn by teaching

Comment

Awesome presentation this afternoon! I was really excited to see an art-based webinar on offer and it blew my expectations out of the water. Many thanks, Sue!!! Off to cull through some images to try the techniques...

Comment

Here's my first attempt - calf roper and calf

Had to eliminate some lamp poles etc. in photo before starting pastel technique.

photo and pastel attempt

My technique needs work, but Sue gave me a path to follow, and if I get brave, I can improvise more.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if this is the place to post this or not but I wanted to let you (Doug) and Sue know that I thoroughly enjoyed the Webinar ... Sue's techniques are great and I must be at just the right level to start picking it up because I understood just about all of it ... the pattern stamp technique is an added bonus. You asked about suggestions for future Webinars from Sue and I thought, from browsing her site, that something on Panoramas would be welcome, at least in my house ... thanks again for an outstanding couple of hours.

Neal Walters

Comment